Thar be gold in that thar filter! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
I guess this is why we got those nice glass bowls on our filters. Been running that newfangled steel can since I got the 25 running. After I put the new carb on I figured it was about time to check the filter. I've got a few glass bowls, reckon I'll have to start using one.

Oh yeah, this is sand. Not rust, not dirt.........sand. :rolleyes:
P9210009.JPG
P9210014.JPG

Damn effective element too. When I opened the old carb there was absolutely no sediment in the float bowl. :eek:

I'd worry if you start finding these in your air cleaner: :D
lei.jpg

zebrabeefj40 said:
...and you thought owning an FJ25 was high maintenance! :eek:

Nick

Yeah, but even Steve must have learned how to fix those leaky cylinders! :idea: :flipoff2:

Welcome to FJ25 Chat....brought to you by the section moderator. :doh: :ban:

I'm off to the Yankee Toys Fall Gathering (and other shenanigans) this weekend.....y'all try to behave. :rolleyes:

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Yeah, but even Steve must have learned how to fix those leaky cylinders! :idea: :flipoff2:
Yep, but those are the kind of pineapples I wouldn't mind ratcheting a 21mm socket around. ;) :censor:

Cruiser_Nerd said:
I'm off to the Yankee Toys Fall Gathering (and other shenanigans) this weekend.....y'all try to behave. :rolleyes:
You know darn well we're going to talk about you while you're gone. :D
(But, have a great time, drive safe and bring back loads of pics!! :) )

All that sand probably polished the inside of the tank and fuel lines all the way up to the filter. I would put it back in the tank, remove the filter and let clean the whole fuel system. I always throw in a hand full with a fill up :rolleyes: Of course I have to import it from out of state because all Arizona has is red clay that just stickes to the bottom of the tank. :frown:

Isn't always the way it goes. The moderator leaves town and I'm out of town for the weekend. We could have gotten a real good tread going and it wouldn't be moved to chit chat til next week and our hall monitor would be in trouble and get called into the principal's office Monday morning. :censor:

John

Living in the Past said:
All that sand probably polished the inside of the tank and fuel lines all the way up to the filter. I always throw in a hand full with a fill up

That's what I had to do before I did the ASI mod (automatic sand injection). It's been discontinued for the FJ25, but the late model Yugo system is cross-compatible if you bypass the hepistatical rheostat downshoot overload valve.

I said behave.........not go sit in a corner for the weekend. :rolleyes:

My "sand" dried out. When it did, you can crush it down into a super fine powder. Hopefully I've worked through whatever was in the tank, because there was nothing when I had drained the tank originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom