Thanks LCWizard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to post up and say "Thank You" to LCWizard for producing a great product at a very reasonable price. I searched high and low in central Pennsyltucky for a fabricator to build something similar to these for less $$$.......not even close.
Ordered these from MAF and couldn't be happier. Very heavy duty and beautifully finished. Thanks again LCWizard and all the best to you.
Blackberry 032.jpg
Blackberry 031.jpg
IMG00046-20090306-1203.jpg

Marine supply.....Boatersbits on EBay.

Where are the rear turn signals?

Yep....it's the MAF 1045......better than it looks in a pic. I'm not one to buy from just a picture, but this time :clap:

Also got the LED's from MAF PDQ. Turn and brake are integral.....you just have to buy a converter.

Curious, what are the weight ratings on your recovery shackles?

Yep....it's the MAF 1045......better than it looks in a pic. I'm not one to buy from just a picture, but this time :clap:

Also got the LED's from MAF PDQ. Turn and brake are integral.....you just have to buy a converter.

Will that bumper design allow you to stick with stock tail lights? Can't tell from the photos if they'd be obstructed by the bumper cross member. I just bought new $$$ Toyota tail light assemblies and like the old style look. But I sure like your bumper :D

Sea Knight....before LED's....it works but stock tails are not the brightest.....my biggest danger here is getting hit in the ass by a 19 year old on her cell phone.
Blackberry 029.jpg

I think what Poser is getting at is that those shackles are not rated and fairly weak. You would be better off with USA made rated shackles which are rated 6.5 tons in that size. Lesser quality China shackles in that size are rated 4.75 tons, and stainless shackles being unrated, are even weaker.

I've had that same bumper for years, and agree, it is excellent in every way.

Yes, and you can see them fine from behind the truck...

Thanks. I understand the fear of rear ending. A cell phone talking soccer Mom plowed into the rear of our 80 last month. At a stop light. :mad:

I already have Dave's 4+ bull bar. Good to see what the rear would look like if I can ever come up with the coin. I cringe to even guess how much the freight would run on a 200 lb. crate.

I think what Poser is getting at is that those shackles are not rated and fairly weak. You would be better off with USA made rated shackles which are rated 6.5 tons in that size. Lesser quality China shackles in that size are rated 4.75 tons, and stainless shackles being unrated, are even weaker.

I've had that same bumper for years, and agree, it is excellent in every way.
Andrew, thanks for the concern. I keep a couple of 7/8 in my recovery bag if I ever really need them.....stainless is just for show....IH8Rust. Back in 1980 I had my first FJ stuck in a mud hole called "Bear Waller" on Bluff Mountain in E. Tennessee. I had a Ramsey 12k with about 80ft of cable out using a 3/8 chain as a "tree saver"......chain broke! The winch hook and my favorite jacket had slowed down to about 100mph when it went past my head....believe me....I over spec everthing now.

I just wanted to post up and say "Thank You" to LCWizard for producing a great product at a very reasonable price. I searched high and low in central Pennsyltucky for a fabricator to build something similar to these for less $$$.......not even close.
Ordered these from MAF and couldn't be happier. Very heavy duty and beautifully finished. Thanks again LCWizard and all the best to you.

nice.. I'm waiting for my '71 FJ40, but it has no spare tire carrier. I like this, but wonder how people think it works with the lift/tailgates? Also, it would cover up these really sweet vintage emblems (I know.. vanity). The high-jack.. in addition to being an attention-grabber, does it impair rear-view visibility at all?

nice.. I'm waiting for my '71 FJ40, but it has no spare tire carrier. I like this, but wonder how people think it works with the lift/tailgates? Also, it would cover up these really sweet vintage emblems (I know.. vanity). The high-jack.. in addition to being an attention-grabber, does it impair rear-view visibility at all?

Mine works great! No complaints. As far as visibility goes, I guess it depends on what you put in the basket and what size spare you have mounted. I've never had a visibilty issue with a 33" spare and an ice chest. No issue using the rear half doors on my '71, it's just an extra step to swing out the basket and spare tire carrier. Emblems.........:princess:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom