Thanks LCWizard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Emblems.........:princess:

aren't u sick of idiots sayin' "hey, nice JEEP!" :mad:
IMG_6163.jpg

I don't buy my rear bumper from MAF cos i was lucky and came with my '76...but was in my list when i got hit by the FORCE of the LC.. i believe mine its the 1 style made to fit the ARB fridge, but I'm more than happy with that bumper,trail tested pulling a stuck Land Rover Discovery from the mud saturday july 11...
I can fit 3 Jerry cans and have space for the Hi Lift base or fit 1 water Jerry can style and a BEER Cooler...also have the led taillights

Nice rig you have..enjoy it:clap:...sorry for hi hack your post..:rolleyes:
P1040969.jpg
fj40 back.jpg

Wow, NICE !!!!! Where do you get the nice jerry cans?

aren't u sick of idiots sayin' "hey, nice JEEP!" :mad:

And you honestly think that if people can see the emblems, that somehow it is going to prevent those who do not even know what a Land Cruiser is, from calling it a Jeep?

:lol:

Hell, there are MANY users out here that OWN THE VEHCILE and do not even realize that it is TWO SEPARATE WORDS.

:lol:

Have fun!

:beer:

It's been said before but here goes.
To most of the world ANY short wheel base 4WD is generically called a "Jeep".

Don't judge others because they don't share our enthusiasm for the Cruiser.

Bumper and SS shakles

I have the same MAF 1045 on my cruiser and I agree it is an excellent heavy duty bumper. The only drawback was the $300 shipping on it. It is very heavy and expertly made. I love those SS shakles but does anybody know what lbs. they are rated for. I had held off buying because I wasn't sure. Being SS they should good but safety is always a concern.

where did you get those fancy nice stainless steel shackles?

I have the same MAF 1045 on my cruiser and I agree it is an excellent heavy duty bumper. The only drawback was the $300 shipping on it. It is very heavy and expertly made. I love those SS shakles but does anybody know what lbs. they are rated for. I had held off buying because I wasn't sure. Being SS they should good but safety is always a concern.

I don't think they are rated, thus Chinese mystery stainless and should NOT be used in recovery. Beno had a set on his truck, and they were rated----for 1 ton. I kid you not.

You want USA made 3/4 shackles rated at 6.5 tones. Those are the good ones that will not let you down. The forces involved are huge, don't skimp on this stuff.

Fastenal sells the Columbus McKinnon shackles for $15 or so. That's what you want.

Thanks that answers my question. I have the heavy duty zinc plated ones from Agri. supply used on Farms. I have used them for years with no problems but rusting from use. They look bad hanging on my bumpers with all of the rust. I sprayed OSFO on them. Anybody have any other solutions to the rust fix? Don't want to buy new ones that will just rust again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom