Testing 1 - 2 - 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I was recently contacted and asked to test a new product. It a 5 gal stainless steel jerry can. Made with water in mind but can be used for anything. As it was pitched to me that all plastic (even #7:meh:) off gasses contaminates in time and is accelerated with heat. The vendor has even offered to test my 1 year old water brick guessing they are already letting out contaminates being stored inside a hot vehicle.

My short term challenge is Im not set up for jerry cans. When I expressed my issue he asked to see what other think.

My first thought was installed on a rear swing out in AZ out it would provide some hot water:eek:

Thoughts?

IMG_7616[1].JPG

Wow, that's purdy. Looks way spendy and high quality. It will be a good test as stainless isn't impervious to rust over a long period of continuous exposure. It will be interesting to see the results.

sure is a pretty flask! :idea:

now THAT is a growler.
I'll test it for ya.

solo?
that'll be damn near impossible...

but with a CO2 cartridge modded into the vent hole from a bike pump and a tap on the side added, or thru the fancy cap, it would sure be nice.

any idea on the price of that thing? if it had a neoprene cover or a dull finish option, he'd be selling lots of them.
looks like it should go on a
stream-05.jpg

I'd be interested to know if there's any leakage if left full on its side for awhile.

I was recently contacted and asked to test a new product. It a 5 gal stainless steel jerry can. Made with water in mind but can be used for anything. As it was pitched to me that all plastic (even #7:meh:) off gasses contaminates in time and is accelerated with heat. The vendor has even offered to test my 1 year old water brick guessing they are already letting out contaminates being stored inside a hot vehicle.

My short term challenge is Im not set up for jerry cans. When I expressed my issue he asked to see what other think.

My first thought was installed on a rear swing out in AZ out it would provide some hot water:eek:

Thoughts?

View attachment 1365998

Wow, that looks great!

That is nice!

This actually gave me an idea, as a homebrewer, I own 9, 5 gallon SS cornelius kegs. I should just use them for water when camping and what not.

I'm curious about the price point as well for I know what the price point of new and/or used SS 5 gallon cornelius kegs sell for. The beauty of the corny kegs are you have ports for in and out already set and parts are relatively cheap.

Ive always wondered about long term plastic storage for drinking water in the heat.

The price is $149

Dinuba Water

Plastic Jerry cans are generally around $50-$60. Seems like a fair price to me, if the quality is good (thick metal, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom