Ten most dangerous jobs in the U.S. Military. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am surprised to see the PJ's at #1, given the low numbers of them, no doubt that they have one of the most dangerous jobs. Maybe it is due to the low numbers that they are up there though. Always been badasses in my book.

They’re going into an already hot spot, trying to rescue the people the enemy is looking for.

My brother was 63E, E7. He got out before 9-11. I only know the Cav Scouts from his stories, and from an 11B friend that hates Cav Scouts with a passion, dunno. The other guys will bring it up just to get a reaction out of him. Doh. Was there a rivalry there?

It’s just rivalry IMO. But yeah, we all hated each other haha! Gotta figure that in a Battalion of 800+ 11B or 19K, there was usually only 30 scouts. When I was at 10th MTN, only 50 scouts in the division so we were always a target and were notorious for starting trouble. But all in good fun.

Sounds kinda typical really.

PJs are cool, but #1??? No.
How many combat/stateside loss PJs are there out there vs how many dead SF guys or Aviators are there per population.

In the modern conflict, nearly all pilots get rescued by the nearest rotary wing asset. With or without (most for the time) PJs.

I'd put USCG rescues divers over PJs just because of the amount of real missions they get.

I made the list twice though. Not sure if that makes me smart or dumm.

I made a list as a drunken grunt. Woohoo!!!

Not really dangerous but fun. We work less, hump more, get into trouble more often and have more liberty. I think I made a good choice.

Last edited:
I made a list as a drunken grunt. Woohoo!!!

Not really dangerous but fun. We work less, hump more, get into trouble more often and have more liberty. I think I made a good choice.

That crap doesn't translate to the real world but it does make for some good stories.

What's "the real world"?

The one where you don't get free travel to shoot at people and the general population expects you to bathe daily.

The one where you don't get free travel to shoot at people and the general population expects you to bathe daily.

It's also where you can't understand people doing the same silly s*** you used to do. It's a place where you return to and you feel like Rip Van Winkle when you've been gone so much and so long and your own country feels foreign. It's a place where people say "Thank you for your service," just before telling you you're too intense. It's the place where women leave and dogs die and you find out by email. It's the place we all can't wait to go to, but then realize it actually wasn't as we remembered it...

When I was working overseas, this guy looks at me and says, "Your commute is in a Blackhawk right now. What are you going to do in the real world when you have to fight rush hour?" Ten years later and I don't have an answer for him...real world s*** right there.

#4 here...

It's also where you can't understand people doing the same silly s*** you used to do. It's a place where you return to and you feel like Rip Van Winkle when you've been gone so much and so long and your own country feels foreign. It's a place where people say "Thank you for your service," just before telling you you're too intense. It's the place where women leave and dogs die and you find out by email. It's the place we all can't wait to go to, but then realize it actually wasn't as we remembered it...

When I was working overseas, this guy looks at me and says, "Your commute is in a Blackhawk right now. What are you going to do in the real world when you have to fight rush hour?" Ten years later and I don't have an answer for him...real world s*** right there.

#4 here...

As I was searching through this section for info on sending in Emergency Medical assistance info to the VA I thought I'd read through this again. Thank you for what you've done (I'm not going to say service). Sometimes I wonder why I ever left it, I did get quite comfortable in that environment, much better than having to talk with idiots at our local grocery.

:beer:

Thank you to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom