Temp table saw mounting ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Shark

SILVER Star
Threads
Purpose of this post is to get some ideas of a temporary mounting solution for my table saw. The idea is that what ever bracket/rack I come up with it needs to provide a fairly quick and easy on/off solution. Currently do not have room to permanently attach the saw and stow the table together. I did a quick mock up of where the saw will sit when it is attached See pic’s below.

First thoughts would be to use say the t-nuts track and associated hardware or uni-strut and parts. I do not have a welder so it will need to be some type of solution using those types of parts. Wood is not out of the question either.

Y’all’s thoughts are greatly appreciated

0FE0F708-8DC8-4A78-9E89-F771CF51A367.jpeg

82CAC290-A2A2-4C08-B92D-A05C6D34B395.jpeg

I do not have a welder so it will need to be some type of solution using those types of parts.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a welder! :devil:

I say, go with the Unistrut. Infinitely adjustable (important for alignment for stuff like saw tables), fast, modular, easy to modify, very strong. I actually have a rolling workbench with the frame made only of Unistrut.
Couple of vertical struts on the side of the bench, a platform supported by a couple of 45 braces off the main struts. Use the stay-in-place nuts for speed. Done. Come time to remove, a couple zaps with a driver. Done.

i'd say looking at your pics, you've already got a temp setup. why are you asking us? :flipoff2:
Ha, maybe I should have said “removable”

e9999 yes unistrut will probably be the route. For now, I made space to see if I can live with it. If I can’t then I’ll fab it up and put the space back like it was. Time will tell

i sorta figured you wanted removable but i couldn't help it :hillbilly:
quick ? does dewalt not make a collapsible stand for that model? that would be your quickest route. i'm happy with the stand for mine, dewalt also.
Funny, I have the stand and it sits over in the corner. My goal here was to use the rolling cabinet and be able to just roll it out from the wall to the middle of my space and plop the saw in to place and 💥 instant table to rip boards. For now this is working. Time will tell...

Before I “made” room the plan was for the saw to sit on top of the rolling cabinet and when not in use it would all sit by the basement wall. I have serious space limitations. I am coming from a house where I had a large 2 car garage and plenty of room. Not the case now.

If you have a stand for the saw, is it also on wheels and can you adjust the height of either the table or the saw such that they are the same? I guess my suggestion would be to keep them as separate islands and push them together when needed. Then fashion a mechanism to latch them together.

Funny, I have the stand and it sits over in the corner. My goal here was to use the rolling cabinet and be able to just roll it out from the wall to the middle of my space and plop the saw in to place and 💥 instant table to rip boards. For now this is working. Time will tell...

Before I “made” room the plan was for the saw to sit on top of the rolling cabinet and when not in use it would all sit by the basement wall. I have serious space limitations. I am coming from a house where I had a large 2 car garage and plenty of room. Not the case now.
land shark, so what you are saying is you shot yourself in the foot spacewise :flipoff2:
actually i like @2mbb 's idea. there are wheeled workshop stand bases available. i've got my table belt/disc sander set up on one, works titties. it pushes under my sheet goods rack when not in use. small work spaces are always in a constant state of flux. best of luck organizing

Definitely an idea to try out to see if it could be better on space. Thanks fellows

pretty early on in this video, there is another idea using a simple cleat. Maybe your saw is too large though...about 10 minutes in he shows a similar cleat system on the wall for storing the saw when not in use.

^ It's certainly possible to build a strong enough cleat and to align the tops properly but I would put a brace under that assembly. So easy and would greatly reduce the stress on the cleat.

pretty early on in this video, there is another idea using a simple cleat. Maybe your saw is too large though...about 10 minutes in he shows a similar cleat system on the wall for storing the saw when not in use.

Looks clean and would store with saw in the same footprint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom