Teardrop trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ran across this on another forum, and thought I would share it with the likes of Mud. Looking at it, there is a definate potential for something like this, I would think. The guy built it himself, not sure I have that ammount of skill in me or not, but a cool trailer none-the-less.

Here is a link to the bulders post. It has some build pics linked off of it too.

http://texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76414
teardrop.jpg

Those trailers really aren't that complicated. If you have basic woodworking skills I imagine you could build one. There are a lot of places that sell the blueprints.

I was interested in them for awhile but her indoors said it would be like sleeping in a coffin:grinpimp:
I still think they are cool though

Maybe-

But I would rather sit out two days of bad weather in that over a RTT anyday of the week! :D

I wonder if it would even be possible to fit a camper like that onto a military trailer frame? I woum think that it would take some serious creativity being as the light trailers usually run a little more narrow than that. An A\C would be a nice addition around these parts:D.

I laid out my plans for a for a 62" wide 4' x 10' to sleep the wife and two kids. It will sit on 33"'s, have an ARB fridge, 12 12 gal. of water on a elec pump, AC/heat(window AC run on Honda Gen and Zodi tent heater), stove, drop down DVD player hooked into the CD player. The kids bed lays down to form a couch at the foot of the queen sized bed.

It should be compact enough to take off road, at least to trail heads, and will come in around 1000#

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/

Great site with lots of info on builds and such.

I plan on building this winter. Most guys build in about 250 hours and prices range from $500 for the super scrounger to sky is the limit...
post size.JPG
trailer side.JPG

Last edited:
i like your idea, we bought a cheap old pop up this summer and had fun in it, so of course we need something better now. im thinking of a copy of the aliner design beefer up a little. i like how compact they are but you still have standing room, and it will fit in the garage

I laid out my plans for a for a 62" wide 4' x 10' to sleep the wife and two kids. It will sit on 33"'s, have an ARB fridge, 12 12 gal. of water on a elec pump, AC/heat(window AC run on Honda Gen and Zodi tent heater), stove, drop down DVD player hooked into the CD player. The kids bed lays down to form a couch at the foot of the queen sized bed.

You need a pretty stout Gen to start even a small AC unit. They have a huge surge current at start-up. If you live anywhere dry I'd look into an evaporative cooler.

takes anywhere from 2k 3k watts and 20 amps. it can be done on a 2k yamaha.

I think the Honda or similar EU2000 should run a 5000 BTU window unit fine. I have talked to guys that run them...An evap cooler would also work, Idaho is fairly dry. Camping in the summer months can be quite hot. It would be nice to have a place to put the kids down for a nap that wasn't 105 degrees...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom