TBI350 - more pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
NO, it's not yet installed, but a lot more prep work was done this weekend...

The VSS Sensor and the 12" extension cable.
vss.jpg

The OLD steering shaft, with the BIG u-jont and rag joint.
old-steer.jpg

Couple shots of the NEW steering staft...DD center shaft, machined DD on the column, and Flaming River Joints.
ps1.jpg

ps2.jpg

And finally, a couple shots of the new custom dash cluster...
dashcluster1.jpg

dashcluster2.jpg

The plan now is to (wisely) celebrate my wife's birthday today, and then work on dropping in the motor on Tues/Wed evenings. If all goes as planned, it will fire on Saturday. :cross-fingers:

Looks good. You can come up and install my 4.3 for me. I'll even let you bring Yellow Beer. :D

How come you are going hydro assist, or full hydro?

hydro assist...had the box ported/rebuilt/tapped by West Texas last Spring, but have been stalling on a hi-steer setup. Found highsteer arms from rockbuggysupply.com that fit the 76-78 Cruiser knuckle pattern, but I may update to the minitruck pattern anyways....Matt ported this box exactly per my instructions...hopefully, I can get the $$ thru the treasury soon...heh heh

Assist is street legal, full hydro is not, plus C drives enuf, even on the road at times, to not make her deal with the full hydro issues.

It will take lots of yellow beer to make me go thru this again....and after that, I won't be much help...lol

Well if you do good tonight you should not have issues with the internal loan officer :flipoff2: I am too lazy to have real steering and assist :D

hey nice black bezel on that tach! ;)

wish her a happy birthday!

A true wheelin' rig... An hour meter and no speedo. I love it! :D

What happened with the paint to the left of that cool looking dash? :D
Where did you get the VSS? JTR?

Yep - JagsThatRun.com

and the dash paint is "leftover" from an earlier paint job and is gonna get camo'd soon...wanna replace the center steel and eliminate all the holes in there now, so will paint all at once when that's welded in.

a few more from last night....getting closer!

my custom seat cover, and the new dash insert...
seatcover.jpg

the installed engine....placement is 1" to the passenger-side of center....did that for steering clearance with the PS pully, not positive it will stay offset, but it is for now...
enginebay.jpg

and I welded a cover and painted the t-case support. Add a little sealant inside to ensure no leakage and it's all set.
t-case-member.jpg

;)Here is what it "should" look like when it's done..... ;)

Coming along real nice Woody

Off topic, Would it be alright with you if I used some of your cage design for my Cruisers upcoming new cage???

The ones on the hood are the OEM, however we got a TBI sticker new from GM that goes with the engine for emmision data. It's out of sight in this pix.
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom