TBI fuel line connections?? Woody help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, doin a TBI conversion, what i am needing is the fuel fittings that connect to the throttle body! What size are they and where can i get them? Anybody have any they can sale?
I've tried 3/8, i think they are 5/16 but not sure. Oh yea this is on a 90 model chevy truck 350.
Thanks for any help
Robby Pate

There are two different sizes. The pressure is bigger than the return. They are standard flare fittings. Take the fittings off the fuel pressure regulator and take them with you to the parts store and match them up. I don't remember the line sizes, but I just took the line off yesterday afternoon. The wrench sizes were 5/8 and 1/2.

You should have no problem getting those, very common fittings, they do use nylon gaskets and o-rings, which you can buy in a kit.

they are NOT standard normal fittings...14mm and 16mm, IIRC. NAPA has a TBI line repair kit available that has a 12" piece of hard line with the proper fitting on one end that you can use. Another option is a junkyard run....you can take a chunk of line with the fittings from almost anywhere in the TBI system, fuel tank, filters, etc. and they work fine. My van setup had about 5-6 different fittings I could have used.

hmmm... I don't remember them being that hard to find, but then I pull a lot of motors with the fuel lines still attached, so I probably scavenged them. As I said though, you can pull the fittings off of the TBI unit so you can match up the lines. Unless you are talking about the fittings, then you need parts from a TBI body. The good news in either case is my local pick and pull snags the injectors, IACs and TPS out of the TBI units on the cars and leaves the rest. Easy to find regulators, fittings, etc.

Napa has a repair kit for each size. I thing they are call sending unit repair kits. Worked great. Just cut off one end and clamped fuel line over the tube. With the low pressure of TBI this is sufficient.

Hey webster or woody do you know the Napa part number for the sending unit repair kit?

don't know the part number....walked in and asked them about it tho, Belden (sp) stuff, and it was on the shelf.

I re-used stock lines instead.

The lines are hard to find in part cause of the metric fitting size and because they use an integrated rubber o-ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom