Tandem Off-Road Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mexellent

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Howdy y'all!

My name is Alex Moreno and my brother and I own and operate Tandem Offroad! We are a shop located in the Fort Worth, TX area and we specialize specifically in Toyota and Lexus 4x4's only. In addition, we have expanded into fabrication as well as wheels.

A little bit of background:

My brother Pablo graduated from Lincoln Tech and became an ASE certified technician 15 years ago. Around 2010 he decided to go rogue and start his own business. He dabbled in some drift and SCCA work before finally settling into general repair and maintenance where he gained a reputation for performing great work.

I consider the start of my career when I joined the Formula SAE team at the University of Texas in Arlington. I was on the team for 4 years where I gained experience in fabrication and design. We did a lot of work with composites which allowed me to get an internship with one of our sponsors which shoehorned me into the aerospace industry. I eventually ended up at Bell Helicopter where I worked as a cost estimator. I got my MBA shortly after and got the itch to start a business. However, instead of starting from scratch I decided to join forces with Pablo as we are both avid automotive enthusiasts.

While Pablo was doing general repair and maintenance we gained some customers who loved their Toyota 4x4's. We in turn fell in love with them and in 2015 decided that we would focus specifically in this niche. The photo of the truck above is Keith Millers awesome little Tacoma and this thing is the reason we decided to do what we do.

On the service side our strategy has been to get the best tech's we can get our hands on, get the best tools we can get our hands on, and acquire as much knowledge as possible within a narrow field in order to serve our customers in the best way possible. This includes our Hunter Hawkeye Elite alignment machine as well as any other tools our tech's need to get the job done right the first time.

On the product side we have started to slowly develop armor as we find time between service jobs to get on our computers and draw up new products. Pictured above is a set of sliders we offer for the FJ Cruiser.

One of the things we are best known for at the moment is our Tandem 612 wheels. These wheels were designed specifically for the Toyota Offroad enthusiast. It features a tough 6 spoke design with 12 lugs placed around the circumference of the wheel in order to give the valve stem protection from objects that may cause a shear. Currently these are only available in 17x8.5 with a -10 offset, and yes, we made sure that they'd fit on the solid axle trucks :)

Awesome! Welcome!

Currently in development are slider's for the 80 series. The post beams are going to be 1.5in x 3in x 3/16 in for maximum strength. Each post will get its own unique gusset optimized for the length of that particular post. The U-bracket design will allow for easy installation with minimal loss of ground clearance. Our goal is to make them compatible with all FJ80's and FZJ80's. We are making a set of prototypes with the cat shields on both sides to test for fitment and identify any possible clearance or interference issues. They should be done by this weekend!

Damn. Nice rims. Are they preorder? How much for 5?

Congratulations.. very nice designs.. do you have an available catalog or site to take a look to all your items ??

Jack from Baja, Mexico

Great to see more interest in the Land Cruiser aftermarket industry in the US.. great work btw, love the sliders!

I'm kind of diggin' the wheels. When do you expect to be restocked on them?

Damn. Nice rims. Are they preorder? How much for 5?

$209.99 per wheel

Tandem 612 wheels

Congratulations.. very nice designs.. do you have an available catalog or site to take a look to all your items ??

Jack from Baja, Mexico

We do!

Tandem Offroad Online Store

Pardon the website, we are a super tiny operation. We're constantly working on it though. Always open to constructive feedback.

Great to see more interest in the Land Cruiser aftermarket industry in the US.. great work btw, love the sliders!

Thanks Jack!

Last edited:
Do the wheels fit LX470/LC100 series?

Do the wheels fit LX470/LC100 series?

Currently we only offer the 612 in the six lug configuration, however, we would like to release a wheel to cover the 5 lug Toyota's before the end of the year.

These guys installed a Tough Dog lift kit and White Knuckle sliders on my LC200...did a fantastic job and I plan on using them for future work for both the 200 and the 80!

Here's a pic of them working the alignment on their Hawkeye unit (that little blue pickup is the one above btw):
jl8RhVk.jpg

Cool wheels and welcome.

View attachment 1905151

View attachment 1905152

On the product side we have started to slowly develop armor as we find time between service jobs to get on our computers and draw up new products. Pictured above is a set of sliders we offer for the FJ Cruiser.

View attachment 1905153

View attachment 1905154

View attachment 1905155

One of the things we are best known for at the moment is our Tandem 612 wheels. These wheels were designed specifically for the Toyota Offroad enthusiast. It features a tough 6 spoke design with 12 lugs placed around the circumference of the wheel in order to give the valve stem protection from objects that may cause a shear. Currently these are only available in 17x8.5 with a -10 offset, and yes, we made sure that they'd fit on the solid axle trucks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom