Tall Corn Cruisers-Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in Des Moines, and I picked up a 94 FZJ80 about a month ago. I love it so far, and I hope to see some of you all around!

Welcome, this is generally our slow time of year. We do have some fun things in the works for next year, so stay tuned.

Hi, my name is Will and I recently purchased a '13 FJ Cruiser. This is my first offroad rig but since it's finally nice out I'm hoping to break it in properly soon. I live in Hiawatha, north side of Cedar Rapids, and am planning on making it to Tall Corn later this summer if not getting out before then. I already have a few upgrades installed with many more to come.

Welcome Will, you will have lots of fun out at MIOBI with our Toyota group.
There are about a half dozen club members have taken their FJC close to their limit out there, very capable vehicle.

hello all, i am in marshalltown, still looking for a cruiser or toyota to build up / drive around. i did score a toyota pickup box trailer last week on craigs list for $50 awesome score. So thats my only wheeling toyota thing i have right now,

cheers

Last night I found a 83 toyota pickup with a 2 inch lift and flat bed Its a great start and I will bring it to this years tallcorn.

Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Last night I found a 83 toyota pickup with a 2 inch lift and flat bed Its a great start and I will bring it to this years tallcorn.

Cheers
Any pictures of this rig? If your needing any parts for this truck there is a chance I might have it.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407116407.231931.jpg
its now camo not black.

I am going to tall corn too

83 PU. Just started it.

via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407116840.174876.jpg

Another

83 PU. Just started it.

via IH8MUD app

Hey guys, I wanted to see if you had an active group in Iowa. I currently live in AZ, but I grew up in Iowa and tend to bring Bertha, my FJ, home alot. I would like to be able to get out when I am home. Here in AZ we have a very active group, AZFJ. If any of you make it out this way and want to join in let us know. Our website is AZFJ.org if you want to check it out. Look forward to getting some input from you.

Thanks
Bertha.jpeg

We're probably changing the timing belt on that taco this weekend if anyone wants stop by and have a beer.

20150911_162908.jpg
My name is Dave and I live in Davenport. I bought my 98 cruiser a couple of weeks ago. It's still stock but I'm planning on better off road tires in the future. I took it to the cliffs last week an it did ok. I was alone so I stayed out of the mud. If anybody here knows of any other place to off road let me know. Thanks.

View attachment 1133398My name is Dave and I live in Davenport. I bought my 98 cruiser a couple of weeks ago. It's still stock but I'm planning on better off road tires in the future. I took it to the cliffs last week an it did ok. I was alone so I stayed out of the mud. If anybody here knows of any other place to off road let me know. Thanks.
Hi Dave! I'm in the QC as well. The Cliffs is really the closest ORV park for us.

We're going to SCC in Arkansas next month if you want to tag along :D

View attachment 1133398My name is Dave and I live in Davenport. I bought my 98 cruiser a couple of weeks ago. It's still stock but I'm planning on better off road tires in the future. I took it to the cliffs last week an it did ok. I was alone so I stayed out of the mud. If anybody here knows of any other place to off road let me know. Thanks.
I'm near iowa city where are the cliffs? Davenport is not that far away and I would love to get either one of my cruisers off pavement.

6yowAVj.jpg

After much lurking I finally found a FZJ-80 I wanted, went and purchased her, but she didn't make the drive home to Webster City, Iowa. The rear diff gave out on me, so time for a rebuild.

This is my second land cruiser, I owned and sold a 60 series around 10 years ago. I still regret selling that poop brown rust bucket, but now with 3 kids and a wife, I wanted something more comfortable for our adventures across this great country we live in.

6yowAVj.jpg

After much lurking I finally found a FZJ-80 I wanted, went and purchased her, but she didn't make the drive home to Webster City, Iowa. The rear diff gave out on me, so time for a rebuild.

This is my second land cruiser, I owned and sold a 60 series around 10 years ago. I still regret selling that poop brown rust bucket, but now with 3 kids and a wife, I wanted something more comfortable for our adventures across this great country we live in.
That sucks! What do you think happened? Pretty sure Matt Tarnow at midamerican land cruiser would have used parts to get you back on the road.

Sent from my SM-T807R4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom