taking the 07 LX to the dealer tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
p0158 code. I swapped the downstream sensor, and I'm still getting the same code. I installed an o2 spacer to see if the code would go away... its still on.

I installed new plugs... didn't help. Exhaust is stinky, and my mileage is pretty bad.

What am I missing?

Also, I have a large AC leak. Im thinking its the compressor core. time to take it to the experts. bummer on a truck I bought from a dealer 3 weeks ago. At least I get a rental while they trouble shoot my truck.

Maybe an intake or exhaust leak, would explain the smell and poor gas consumption. With the mileage @ 260k, I can assume there maybe a leak or two. Do you have any software to note live data graphing off the Oxygen sensors? For example, some diy'ers like to use Torque or a scan gauge to monitor their trucks in real time. Any recent work done on it or requested before purchase?

All the best, hope to hear back with what they say.

I had my mechanic look at the o2 sensors via tech stream. The bank 2 sensor is reading high. Upstream sensor appears to be working properly. Interested to see what they say. I'm tired of throwing parts at it.

AC Rear evaporator is leaking... not sure where it is or how to proceed. 1000 for the dealer to fix...

p0158 code. I swapped the downstream sensor, and I'm still getting the same code. I installed an o2 spacer to see if the code would go away... its still on.

I installed new plugs... didn't help. Exhaust is stinky, and my mileage is pretty bad.

What am I missing?

Also, I have a large AC leak. Im thinking its the compressor core. time to take it to the experts. bummer on a truck I bought from a dealer 3 weeks ago. At least I get a rental while they trouble shoot my truck.

What was the outcome of your P0158 issue?

yes. my mechanic is very good, and he read on some tech site that a bad upstream sensor can cause the downstream sensor to code. I would prob swap both if/ when the sensor goes bad.

Thank You, already swapped #2 did not solve problem, and you know I was going to get both, but the not cheap so I thought I will buy it if I need it. Thank You again.

Michael

Nah... Im average 12 mpg per tank on the ole girl. I put bigger tires on the truck, so that doesn't help. Lie o meter is telling me 12 mpg no matter what speed I travel... I don't care, because gas is cheaper than a car payment...

Last year I got a P0155 code and replaced Bank 2 Sensor 1 with a sensor (24560) I purchased off Ebay - $16.69.
Really easy install if you have an O2 Sensor socket.
Running great.

I read some where about these issues and also that the O2 sensors need to be OEM/Denso which is what fixed my issue years ago too.

When replacing sensors, stay with oem or denso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom