Wanted tailgate glass with working defroster threads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for tailgate glass with verified working defroster threads - if i cant source it my wife is going to make me sell this thing... My glass is fine but the defroster doesn't work, which crosses a line for her...

Looking for tailgate glass with verified working defroster threads - if i cant source it my wife is going to make me sell this thing... My glass is fine but the defroster doesn't work, which crosses a line for her...

for the 80 series in your sig??

Yes, correct, for the 80 series...

- how do you know its the threads in the glass and NOT another issue like a switch or supply wire B+

- also please CC your wife that @ToyotaMatt on MUD , asked to make here aware that a non-working defroster is far less panful then her being saddled with

60 months of new Toyota financial services monthly premium payments 🤔

Toyota-Financial-Services.png

toyota-logo.jpg

Value.jpg

good points - i'll tell her to call you so you can explain...;)

I guess I don't know that -- the light on the dash button works and the laser thermometer tells me the threads are not getting hot - that's all i know...

btw, is there a factory tint on the rear glass or windshield of these trucks? I can't see one with my decent vision but someone suggested there may be?

good points - i'll tell her to call you so you can explain...;)

I guess I don't know that -- the light on the dash button works and the laser thermometer tells me the threads are not getting hot - that's all i know...

btw, is there a factory tint on the rear glass or windshield of these trucks? I can't see one with my decent vision but someone suggested there may be?

unless your large dog clawed at the defroster filaments

or your kidz ice hockey gear bags were thrown up ON the scraping motion of the window ?

your issue is else ware

NOT a new piece of glass ?

if you can't or don't want to diagnoise it per the FSM manual , save your self $$$$$$$$$$$

and pay some one to ,

it could simply be a 10 cent fuse that is blown .........

or ? ..........

if you don't mind me asking plainly here ?

why did you or do you assume automatically you need a $1,000 + new rear defrost panel window itself

what led you to this / that last resort conclusion ? \

'
your reply will help others including me learn TECH here , so speak plainly ....... :)

matt

Matt - the fuse is fine, and the button light works, so I'm suspicious of the glass, but I haven't replaced it because I'm afraid of the tint being different and I dont mind it not working to take the risk.

Matt - the fuse is fine, and the button light works, so I'm suspicious of the glass, but I haven't replaced it because I'm afraid of the tint being different and I dont mind it not working to take the risk.

could also be a broken wire at the upper harness where it bends everytime the hatch opens

I'll check that out again - didn't notice it was broken though. If that is it, can it be replaced or fixed without swapping the glass? Do you mean on the glass side or body side of the connection?

does your rear wiper work?
between the hatch and body by the hinge, where the harness passes from the body to the hatch, the harness has the defrost and wiper motor wires
but you need to see if there is voltage and ground at the glass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom