Tablet Mount ideas GX 460? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey we like the bothersome emails, lets us know who really is interested in a mount, its a tough call sometimes what to bring to market; we finally did design a mount for the 460, ended up with a more low profile track mount version on this one, due to the design/shape of the dash and potential over difficult installation of one of our other style dashes. ended up with a pretty clean low profile option that is pretty damn solid and avail in two configurations.

View attachment 2626773
Looks like I need to make that trip up to see you!

Just came to comment. I installed configuration B a few months ago, and it works great. Install isn't perfect, as I had to bend some brackets slightly to fit, but I got it pretty dang symmetrical. Good value IMHO

This is in my build thread but I'll cross post it here as well. The Expedition Essentials B configuration. This has been in he GX for about 4+ months and numerous trips. It's been solid on all trail surfaces.

tablet 1.jpg
tablet 2.jpg
tablet 3.jpg

Just came to comment. I installed configuration B a few months ago, and it works great. Install isn't perfect, as I had to bend some brackets slightly to fit, but I got it pretty dang symmetrical. Good value IMHO

Which brackets did you have to bend? I got the configuration b in today and noticed a bigger gap than I expected between the sides of the mount and the plastic around the radio interface. Not sure if that’s normal though.

Expedition Essentials has a fantastic solutions. They supplied the one I'm using in the PoorMan's LandCruiser. I recently hooked up with them to create a video about how I use Gaia and other tools mounted to their solution to navigate on the trail and prospect for dispersed sites from home:

Love mine after 3-4 months and tons of trails.

Awesome job everyone! Love all the different ways to accomplish this! I created this solution and so many people have now tried it and told me they love it. Also... they tell me that it lasts (using the very specifically mentioned 3M tape). Best of all - it does NOT require holes to be drilled in your dash. Here's a basic description but you can also see the detailed instructions (with products links) here: http://txgxoverland.com/2022/04/lexu...cessory-mount/

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.52.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.52.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.52.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.52.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.53.11 AM.png

Little bit of a different question, but in the same topic. Which iPad are most of you using? Thinking of getting the 256gb mini, but wondering if it’ll be big enough to use the maps while driving?

Little bit of a different question, but in the same topic. Which iPad are most of you using? Thinking of getting the 256gb mini, but wondering if it’ll be big enough to use the maps while driving?
I am using the 9.7" Pro. I think the mini would also be fine. Just make sure you get a cellular model for the GPS capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom