Synthetique oil VS regular oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
Is this possible that I read a text indicating that if I put synthetic oil in my engine, it would not be a good thing to go back to regular oil?

This question is for my Landcruiser diesel engine... but also for my Corolla engine.

Some one know that fact ?

It won't hurt anything. I wouldn't do it not cause of mis-match with oil or anything but regular oil will make you motor start wearing. I know a guy that just did a compression check on a F-150 with about 200k miles on it that's around 10 years old and has been using amsoil and synthetics it's whole life and has a compression of the same as it would be new. I know you want to see your question from a realiable site but, it's going to be hard to find. No, synthetic company will tell you that you can stop using there product. Your going to just have to hear it from people that have done it. I've swapped back and forth on cars from synthetic and non-synthetic no problems.

Last edited:
In my opinion, synthetic is too expensive for the engine but I do use synthetic in the axles, tranny and transfer all the time.
I know folks always talk about extended drain intervals to offset the cost but then all the crap is floating around in the engine much longer.

i run Amsoil 15w40 syn. It can get expensive, but it depends on how often you need to drain the oil. the new recommended oil change interval (OCI) for amsoil's 15w40 synthetic is 25,000 miles or 1 year (which ever comes first). Until i can get my own oil analysis done i will continue to change it every 10,000 km (~6200 miles). But i don't doubt that I will be able to increase my OCI once i get the analysis results.

I dunno, I run the amsoil 15w 40 in my 3B, I agree, It does get expensive, but so is rebuilding a motor, expecially when your LC is your daily driver. I guess we will see if it is really worth it in about 10 years!!!

LOL

I think regular blend rotella is the only thing I would run other then Amsoil or synthedic rotella

Hey guys.

Actually, I don't ask if synthetic is better than regular. I actually use synthetic oil in my engine... even if it more $$$. But this is a prefence in my case.

I just ask because I whant to know if that will hurt if I'm going back to regular and WES1977 partialy answer my question.

Anyway, other opinion will be great to know.

Bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom