Swapping springs from 1980 to 1985

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by stinkyfj60, Nov 1, 2005.

1. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

My dad is building a 1985 short wheel base. He found a 1980 Long bed that I may be interested in but it has a lift and I want a stocker. Can the springs from 1980 go on the 1985. I dont see any problem but when I was looking at Superlift I thought I saw a slight part number difference between the two years. Anybody know why?

2. TLCA_Paul

TLCA_Paul

the early springs have a smaller eye on the frame end of the rear springs. The later (IFS I think) have a larger eye. To make them go on you may need new bushings. I've done it, no problem. The shacle end bushings will work, but I don't think they are the corect ones.

3. M3TAL D0RK

M3TAL D0RK

if the bushings are too small, just drill em out! easy and cheap. haven't had problems with the ones I have done

4. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

We went and looked at the truck. Great price for what appears to be a good truck. But its not lifted :frown: The guy who has it isnt familiar with Toyotas and thinks it must be lifted cause it has 31s under it and sits higher then his chevy...LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.