Swapping parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I found a 1995 lc with lockers for $2500 with 175k miles. Wonder if is worth it swapping the locker to my non locker 1993. Would they fit? Or just take that money and install one ARB? Which should be done first front or back? I understand I will need to swap the whole differential.

F9C259A7-8AE9-4BA8-B882-EDB2B2A4CE95.png

I just swapped locked axles into my 93 last year. If I had to do it again I would just saved my money up and done new e-lockers or air lockers. It was a huge pain and I’m still sorting stuff out. I didn’t have a whole truck to get the parts out of just the locked axles. It may be easier for you.

What’s wrong with the truck? I would most likely buy that for 2500.

As far as the axle swap it’s basically plug and play since you have everything you need

I would stick to arbs or eatons for the lockers.

But if I had room to store that thing I would still grab it for $2500.00 and either keep it for spare parts or part it out.

Low Range Off-Road sells an elocker wiring kit FYI. So you can skip messing with the stock wiring and put it on a factory dial.

Cheers

That is a $500 truck all day long. Yes, it will shine up after a good wash but dang! Use the $2000 you would overpay for the truck, save the hassle of parting out over the next two years, and just put in an aftermarket set of lockers. That truck……

“Ran when parked” and then posted for sale during the Vermin eviction. Best of luck to you sir.

Lockers only necessary if you need them. Triple locked buzzwords way overrated.

Buy a rear arb or Harrop and wheel till you need more.

“Ran when parked” and then posted for sale during the Vermin eviction. Best of luck to you sir.

Lockers only necessary if you need them. Triple locked buzzwords way overrated.

Buy a rear arb or Harrop and wheel till you need more.
So if I’m going to buy locker you recommend it get the rear? I’m installing a m12000 winch just in case I need to hang the truck from a tree.

Like the others have said, thats a $500 truck. Think of all the other issues that you cant even see in the pics. You're better off just doing aftermarket lockers Id say.

So if I’m going to buy locker you recommend it get the rear? I’m installing a m12000 winch just in case I need to hang the truck from a tree.
Yes. Rear locker and a winch will get you out of a lot of situations. And into a few worse ones ;)

Even an Aussie rear is a great consideration. Their behavior in the 80s AWD system is very agreeable. ESP in VA. Maybe not as much if you were in consistently snowy environment

Yes. Rear locker and a winch will get you out of a lot of situations. And into a few worse ones ;)

Even an Aussie rear is a great consideration. Their behavior in the 80s AWD system is very agreeable. ESP in VA. Maybe not as much if you were in consistently snowy environment
We don’t get snow here. Someone told me once there is company that I can ship my diff and they will ship me a locker diff.

Have you been off road where you need lockers or are you swept up in the overland craze? Installing and needing are two different animals all together. I have an open diff 80 with a winch. I’ve always had a blast heading into the wild and haven’t pulled line yet. I choose lines to the best of my limited ability and get delayed (read as stuck) where stacking rocks usually helps. My 100 has a rear locker and I only engage it if I think the skinny pedal is the answer to the task at hand. I prefer to slowly go over obstacles rather than sending it like I have seen “spider monkey” jeeps do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom