Swapping an Auto trans to an H55f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a JDM 61 being parted out, and considering buying the 12HT and transplanting it into my '87HJ60. The 61 is an auto and want to bolt my 5spd to it, can't remember if the bell housing is the same, and if the fuel pump will be an issue with the swap.
Thoughts...
Thanks!
Cheers!

What the... Its been 8 minutes already and still no reply... thought you guys were self professed "gurus" here... Better go ask the "Jeep" guys they'll know... there is a "Heep" section on the site here, isn't there...
haha...

Going from manual to auto would be an issue if you don't have the correct linkages, however going from auto to manual can be done. Remove the linkages that tie the pump to the auto tranny, use your H55F/bellhousing combo, and basically bobs your uncle.

Where are you getting it from? All tested and all numbers known?

hths

gb

Yeah, the numbers are perfect, just having ironed out the final important ones yet... wink, wink... I'm sure we'll find a price where everyone's happy. I was concerned with the pump mainly, and if its the same, and just a linkage issue, then perfect. Good to know the input shaft/bellhousing will work also.
Thanks Greg.
Cheers!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom