Superwinch Talon series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to install it on my truck (9.5SR). My buddy Bill Burke was testing it at EJS but I haven't heard how it turned out. I do know it's fast ,pulls more than it's rated and works under water! SOLD in my book.

It looks like their other Chinese made winches, just sealed with a new gear box and brake in the gear box. If you are looking for a water proof Chinese winch, you might look at the Smittybilt X20 line for about 1/3 the price. Having the brake in outside of the drum is a bonus if you are running synthetic line.

I'm about to install it on my truck (9.5SR). My buddy Bill Burke was testing it at EJS but I haven't heard how it turned out. I do know it's fast ,pulls more than it's rated and works under water! SOLD in my book.

Yeah I know that Bill is sposored by SW and has his own line of the Husky winch so not surprising they are having him test out their new line. Post up how you like the 9.5sr.

It looks like their other Chinese made winches, just sealed with a new gear box and brake in the gear box. If you are looking for a water proof Chinese winch, you might look at the Smittybilt X20 line for about 1/3 the price. Having the brake in outside of the drum is a bonus if you are running synthetic line.

Don't want to get into the whole made in China = Crap debate just looking at the options out there and this is a new offering. I do want to run synthetic line which is why the SW with the synthetic Amsteel line already installed is appealing. I looked at the Smitty Built with synthetic line but from what I have read the synynthetic line they use is not up to par with the Amsteel.

I'm not bagging on Chinese products, but if you want to compare features in water proof winches look at the new Warn VR line of winches. These are about half the price of the Talons.

I'm not bagging on Chinese products, but if you want to compare features in water proof winches look at the new Warn VR line of winches. These are about half the price of the Talons.

The VR series is on my list of possibles. Looks like I can pick up the VR 10,000 for about $500 with the $80 rebate and then swap out the cable to synthetic.

So how is it the VR series are so inexpensive compared to other Warn models? It seems to me that they might be made overseas only because Warn does not indicate where the VR series are made. If they were USA made, then this would be advertised one would think.

I'm sure that some Chinese made winches have failed miserably but for people that don't use them regularly, don't they work just fine?

The Warn rep said that the parts for the VR are "globally sourced" but designed and assembled in Oregon.

It looks like all the other major winch manufacturers are selling lines of "globally sourced" winches, and my guess is that Warn wanted to compete in this market segment too. God bless them for at least assembling them in the US.

Say what you want about Warn but the one thing that you pay for is Customer Service. There Customer Service is outstanding. I have owned Warn products for over 20 years and I can't count the number of times that Warn has come through for me. Most of their products I have owned for many years and no matter how old the product is they will stand behind it. Warn has sent me small replacement parts and decals for free. I currently own 3 Warn winches and they have never failed me. To me it isn't about being made in China or not but about a quality product that the company stands behind.

Fantastic! It is all sealed against the elements pulls to the moon and is very easy to use. The only thing that took a little getting used to is the speed. It's a bit faster than I'm used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom