Super Simple Sleep Platform DIY no seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

turbo8

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.ee-offroading.com
I'm making a simple sleep platform that I will throw away and make something way more complex later.
Hopefully someone can use these dimensions to help make your own.

I'm sure the important things are the platform dimensions and the leg height differences.
Adding more support in the middle might be required if you want it to hold more weight.
This sits close to the front seats, you might have to cut some length off, if your seat is further back than mine (I'm 6' tall).
This platform sits above the rear wheel arches for maximum space.
If you make your cuts right, it only requires 2 sheets of 4'x8' and 4 sticks of 2"x4".

I already test fit this, but it's not finished yet. Hopefully will get pictures tomorrow.
SSSP.JPG

SSSP2.JPG

Very cool and thank you. I’m 6’2” and my wife is 5’3”. I’ve been looking at making my own platform and this is appreciated.

I’ll PM you once I cobble something together in my workshop. I’m going to try to keep the second row seats—as I don’t stretch out when I sleep.

Last edited:
Ended up using 2 more 2x4s to keep the platforms in place and add some rigidity to them. I might add some eye bolts to them to hold them down as well.

20230521_110314.jpg

20230521_110321.jpg

20230521_110349.jpg

20230521_110456.jpg

I didn't like the look of plywood so I velcrod gray foam tiles down. Works as base padding and sound deadener.

20230522_165412.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom