Sunroof Auto Open all the way? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am curious to find out if anyone has figured out how to set the sunroof to open all the way when the auto open is pressed. I’ve taken time to look through all the settings in tech stream, and I’ve tried resetting the limits by manually opening for the appropriate amount of time to reset, the limit switches. Does anyone have any other thoughts on whether or not this is possible? Or does anyone know why Toyota would make this a standard feature without easy adjustment? I wonder if there’s a way to go in and hack the system so that I can get it open all the way with a single press?

Mine opens all the way with just poking the rocker switch. :meh:

Mine opens all the way with just poking the rocker switch. :meh:
This is good information, when I put mine on auto open, it stops about three or 4 inches shy of all the way open. Then I need to manually open it the rest of the way.

OP, does yours do any auto travel? Mine will open automatically leaving a couple inches of travel at the end. The last couple inches of opening cause buffeting. That’s why it stops early.
I would like to figure out if there’s a way to reset that because I have a front runner rack with a faring so I don’t have any buffering when it’s all the way open.

Just tried it in my 08. Auto open opens - stops short. and auto close fully shuts it.

I use tilt 90% of the time

Last edited:
My 2013 stops short as Toyota designed it.

Name names.
From the 2013 LandCruiser owner’s manual

IMG_1333.png

Wonder if that’s in my 08 manual

EDIT: Per page 86 of my 2008 owner's manual it states the same. This will be memorialized for future owners.

Anyone know how to test the drip tubes? Just pour water right?

Last edited:
Now, my curiosity is, can this standard be modified? Has anyone dug into the controls to see what triggers the early stop and can it be changed. When it warms up I may have to take a look. If someone is digging into their sunroof for maintenance or repair, I would love to know if you find out anything about this.

Now, my curiosity is, can this standard be modified? Has anyone dug into the controls to see what triggers the early stop and can it be changed. When it warms up I may have to take a look. If someone is digging into their sunroof for maintenance or repair, I would love to know if you find out anything about this.
I can plug in my Snap-On scanner and look. I’ll report back. I used it to turn off door buzzers and seat belt buzzers.

With the official Toyota software there is no option to modify this function, therefore an aftermarket tool is very unlikely to be able to. But by all means see what you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom