Sunflower mine run march 20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
Several 4wheelers at work here at Camelback (including some jeeps :eek:!) want to go four wheeling at the Sunflower mine loop on March 20. We will meet at the old Ba'ja gas station at 8am. The trail is described as "difficult" by the Wells book although any truck with a moderate lift and larger than stock tires should be fine. A stock 4 wheel drive can make it to the Mine itself but the trail gets a little rougher after that. Several of the group pre-ran it last week and loved it. The old and well-preserved mercury mine there is an interesting attraction as well as the scenery along this 13 mile trail. It takes approximately 4 hours but may take more depending on the size of the group and how long we take for lunch.

We would love to invite any and all to make this a great day in the AZ outdoors ~

We will be running on the usual CB channel 4. Maps to the meeting place: (I'll be offline till Thrusday as I am out the door to Dallas right now).

attachment.php

I might be game for taking the 55 out there. Don't really want to bash it up too bad though. Would love to check out the mine.

This is a great area. I'm tentatively in.

I plan on attending this run, hope to see some more CSC guys there :beer:

Phil, one of the guys here has a 07 4runner with a moderate lift and 33's - he made it ok. The minivan would be more than fine :cool: I'm sure.

The meet time is 8am at the gas station listed above.

maybe we can get to the trailhead before the Samurai club...

Great run today.. Weather was perfect and thanks to all that got me through it without and carnage...

I think I saw you all today, did any of you see a crazy guy in a primer grey vw golf waving while you were all on the side of the highway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom