Sun Visor Interchangeability Search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been very happy with the visors I sourced from a Tundra. Work great and match almost exactly. Slightly off on the clip length, but workable for sure.

Sourced some visors from a late 90's ES300 for the Homelink. The visors would NOT be a good replacement in the 80. Anyone checked an older LS?

Hey I couldn't find the dual New Yorker visors in tan, so I ordered the single ones... Unfortunately the singles are made just a bit different and don't fit the 80. The issue has to do with how the visor rod attaches to the roof. The duals hang down just enough but the singles are so snug the scrape on the roof liner.

Hey I couldn't find the dual New Yorker visors in tan, so I ordered the single ones... Unfortunately the singles are made just a bit different and don't fit the 80. The issue has to do with how the visor rod attaches to the roof. The duals hang down just enough but the singles are so snug the scrape on the roof liner.

Thanks for pulling that trigger Mattman! I was about to do the SAME thing you did and gamble that they would fit. We were obviously watching the same set. I searched all over and could not find another set of the duals anywhere.

Did you mount the bracket the same way Backwoods Rambler did in post #18, pic 4? note that he is 90° to the original mounting holes for the screws.

May have to go with the airplane visors.

Thanks for pulling that trigger Mattman! I was about to do the SAME thing you did and gamble that they would fit. We were obviously watching the same set. I searched all over and could not find another set of the duals anywhere.

Did you mount the bracket the same way Backwoods Rambler did in post #18, pic 4? note that he is 90° to the original mounting holes for the screws.

May have to go with the airplane visors.

The singles are different as the rod that connects to the roof isn't a 90 but is more of an partial S shape. It looks like the duals are at a 90 which makes them a better match. I did see a set of duals on ebay but they were grey and I'm looking for TAN.

I picked up 2 Pair of dual visors from 2 1994 New Yorkers. I bought one to install and an extra just in case or to sell.

They were gray and I have tan interior, however I really don't notice they are gray. I must say it is very nice to not have droopy broken visors in my face and I love that they are dual visors too!

The install went very easy with two exceptions...
1. I got in a bit of a hurry should have thought it out a bit. When using the factory screw to tap the newly drilled hole, I used a power drill and when the screw caught it went in too fast and smashed one of the mounts... :bang: Good thing I had a back up.
2. For some reason the drivers side visor, very slightly, scrapes the top of the liner and the passenger side does not. What I noticed was the visor was unhooked the PS side drops just a bit, but the DS side actually raised up a bit. Simple fix is -- This is very minor and I just have to remember to hold it down just a bit.

My install tips...
Align, mark, then drill your holes, then I would recommend tapping the hole without going through the visor mount
When installing the screws use a screw driver not a power tool
Before drilling the hole trim your head liner back a bit to keep the drill bit from getting caught up

One last item... Chrysler appears to use two types of material to make these visors. One material is very flat and the other appears to be a bit more fuzzy. When looking at junk yards I noticed the flat material was more prone to tears and holes and the fuzzy material appeared to hold up better. I actually got one of each and I noticed the flat material doesn't seem to clean up as well. If you have the choice I'd choose the fuzzy material as it appears to be more durable.

I just scored a set of 94 New Yorker duals in Grey with the velour (flat) fabric. How did you clean the velour? It's delicate and I don't want to booger it up. Did you have to mess with the electrical connector or does it plug up to the Toyota connector? I'm really excited to get these in as my drivers side finally went limp on me last week.

100 series work if you grind off some of the meat on the elbow arm thing to get it to fit the 80 mount. You will also need to grind the holder. I don't know if the 100 series holders bolt to the roof the same since I failed to take them with the visors. I didn't hook up the mirror light.

I installed my 94 New Yorker dual visors on Saturday and they are perfect. Big beefy spring loaded mechanisms will never sag. Just had to drill 2 new holes per mount but no biggie. My guess is yours is angled and hitting the roof when swinging to the side because the rear screw needs to be tighter or loosen the front screw. The grey is such a close match to the Lexus Oak that you can only tell in really bright sunlight if you were looking for it. Perfect all the way around, thanks for the lead!!

Because I like to resurrect the dead...

FJ Cruiser sun visors work. Had to use the LCs mount and have down some plastic but color and size matches almost perfect... there are a ton available on eBay for $30-60... I think I payed about $64 total for both, shipped.

1) remove stock visors
2) remove foam around electrical plug and disconnect plug. Tape up vehicle side as FJ ha no power.
3) the plug has quick removable tabs for the wires. Remove the plug from the visor side.
4) heat up the mount side plastic tabs and pry open. Pull the old visor out of mount.
5) on the FJC visor, remove the c clip from the shaft and pull from mount.
6) below the slot for the c clip, sand/grind the shaft in a tapper to an inch or so.
7) push the new visor into the LC mount far enough you can put the c clip back on.
8) sand/grind the retainer dowl down a few mm to fit into smaller LC diam clip.
9) move the dowl as far toward the mount/shaft size as you can, and use a zip tie to keep it there... (the LC retainer dowl is further outboard than the FJC by just a tad. You can also have the LC retainer clip down to make it fit better.
D02A527A-362C-46B7-80A4-843FDF837987.jpeg
0D04E3E8-9274-405C-AA90-C327AF18E818.jpeg
5EC48610-3A60-47F9-AD8B-A96C67AF6F6D.jpeg
90238FA0-EC50-4B50-8FD1-2AEF889032BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Adding something to this:
The 2000 MY mustang visors (and presumably through to the 2004 model change) do not work. The clip location is 1/4 short of the "definitely not fitting anymore" and a 1/2" short of the ideal position.

Edit: they did make me realize how skimpy the OEM Toyota ones are, those visors were SOLID as hell. The clip bar is actually the 1/8" steel frame of the visor rather than a plastic piece over a flimsy little wire.

I have a brand new set of grey visors I had stashed away. Bought them when they were still available from the dealer as a backup and I sold the LC this past April. Still have the set

Oh no! just got a set. Next time, I have two trucks. :(

I have a brand new set of grey visors I had stashed away. Bought them when they were still available from the dealer as a backup and I sold the LC this past April. Still have the set

Do you still have the FZJ80 grey visor set for sale?

I just got a set of Lexus similar to these, perfect fit, better than OEM

Let me confirm: this will be a perfect fit for my 1997 Landcruiser with no issue, correct (wire plugs, mirror lighting & mounting holes will match & work)

Let me confirm: this will be a perfect fit for my 1997 Landcruiser with no issue, correct (wire plugs, mirror lighting & mounting holes will match & work)
With the Lexus, you will have to tinker with the wiring connectors, no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom