stupid roll bar supports

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Chef, May 12, 2003.

1. Chef

Chef

The stock roll bar supports-the braces the are tack welded to the wheel wells in the tub-have given up the ghost, and taken a lot of the floor with them. I've repaced all the bad metal in the wheel wells, and am now left contemplating how to tie the stock roll bar in a little more securely than with just the 18 guage sheet metal I used for repairs. I'm think about running 1/4" plate over the top of the wheel wells where the roll bar feet sit, and then making an "L" shape out of more 1/4 plate to tie the feet to the inside wall of the wheelwell, and adding triangular gussets to the "L" for a little more strangth. My other thought was to bend 1" 1/4 wall tube into the "L" shapes and add the lower support that way. I realise neither of these will be as stout as a real cage tied into the frame...Thoughts and ideas? Thanks, Alan in tornadoalley, where the twisters have subsided for now...

2. cruzer

cruzer

Using a 6x6x1/4 plate under the feet of the roll bar and bracing it to the side wall should be plenty till you can get a "real" cage or family cage...

Stew

3. Chef

Chef

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.