Stuck in 4lo, center diff light flashing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Got a similar problem as in this thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/303134-my-lc-200-stuck-4lo.html

Had a dead factory original battery this week, replaced it with Toyota one this afternoon. Car fired up, drove great. Went out to eat and came home.

Was showing my wife how it has a center diff lock and hit the button in 4hi. It just flashed and I wondered if it needed to be in low. Stopped on my gravel drive, N, then turned to 4lo. It switched to 4lo and the diff light quit blinking. Drove forward a bit more turned off center diff, it flashed and never quit flashing. Went to neutral, shifted to 4hi, 4lo light went out but truck stayed in low.

Read manual about water temp being cold? Tried manual operation to get to true neutral but didn't work with diff lock light flashing.

Pulled battery terminals multiple times to reset everything, no change. Pulled fuses related to vsc, 4wd etc. Drove in reverse, circles, backwards, forwards...i don't think the center is locked just flashing.

Summary: stuck in 4lo with the dash light for 4lo off. Center diff light flashing and button causes no change. 4lo to 4h causes nothing, no beep, nada, zip...

Any ideas? I'll hope for afternoon warm weather tomorrow.

TR

Try rolling forward (downhill) gently in neutral and try selecting 4Hi. Centre diff lock seems to only disengage once in neutral and braked/stopped. Can be a PITA I know. Good luck.

Well...let it sit over night. Turned it on this am in 9 degree F weather and the center diff flashing was gone and off. 4lo was lit, backed it out and put it in 4hi. All is good with the world again.

Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom