Struts/shock absorbers lifespan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Called 2 local dealers and inquired about getting mine replaced. They both said they normally don't change them unless their leaking lol. My 08 LC just hit 202k miles. In there defense it actually still rides great but I know new gear will really let this thing shine. Any one had dealers just swap out? Price? Uninterested in aftermarket and definitely not a lift. Stock and casual works great for me. Thanks

Called 2 local dealers and inquired about getting mine replaced. They both said they normally don't change them unless their leaking lol. My 08 LC just hit 202k miles. In there defense it actually still rides great but I know new gear will really let this thing shine. Any one had dealers just swap out? Price? Uninterested in aftermarket and definitely not a lift. Stock and casual works great for me. Thanks
Stock struts are surprisingly affordable. It’s the labor in the front that brings the cost way up due to having to compress and remove the springs. As for overall cost I can’t help.

But yes you will notice a difference in ride quality.

No matter what you are driving if the shocks/suspension have 200k on them your going to notice a huge difference if you replace them. Drive a Pinto with 200k you will notice a huge difference... The best suspension will not last 200k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom