Street tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Morning folks. I need some new street tires for my pickup. Load range E. Anybody have any recommendations on brand/type?

Michelin Defender LTXs. One of the best street tires I've had. Currently running Goodyear Wrangler Adventure ATs cause budget for street tires and so far they've been good

As a guy who used to sell all tires..... Michelin LTX by far. Zee French have it dialed in.

Thank you all for the glowing reviews :)

michelins LTX.... they will outlive you. had at least 50k on my last set and they had half tread left when I sold the truck. even managed every trail except Daniel (never tried) on them on my 80. even with a big flapping gash on the sidewall they were solid.

Morning folks. I need some new street tires for my pickup. Load range E. Anybody have any recommendations on brand/type?
Street tires, load range E? For what type of truck and for what use?

My E rated tires on my f250 are not the same as the E rated tires on my landcruisers.

For my landcruisers I use the bfgoodrich all terrain e rated tires.

For my F250 I use nitto terra grapplers e rated with a higher psi for towing heavier loads.

Another vote for LTX for tow rigs. I tried a set of M+S from Michelin one time on my Duramax and went straight back to LTX

The LTX are the top gun for street only tires.

For my 100 I run Cooper AT3 XLT which I am very impressed with. All terrain tire with much better wet and dry performance than the KO2’s they replaced. I have ~100k miles on KO2s between by 100 and my old NNBS Tahoe. I find the Coopers to be a better tire for daily duty and towing. I have ~20k on the Coopers so far.

Last edited:
michelins LTX.... they will outlive you. had at least 50k on my last set and they had half tread left when I sold the truck. even managed every trail except Daniel (never tried) on them on my 80. even with a big flapping gash on the sidewall they were solid.
Do you know something I do not?

Street tires, load range E? For what type of truck and for what use?

My E rated tires on my f250 are not the same as the E rated tires on my landcruisers.

For my landcruisers I use the bfgoodrich all terrain e rated tires.

For my F250 I use nitto terra grapplers e rated with a higher psi for towing heavier loads.

They are for my Dodge 1 ton. I've never used anything other than E rated tires on my trucks. I hauls loads, sometimes tows although rarely now that Heather bought the dullie. No need for any kind of all terrains on this truck.

The ltx's aren't slackers off pavement either.

I'm super happy with the Goodyear G622s on my tow rig. Drive tires only in my case, but they're quiet (in a pickup config at least) and provide a bit more traction than something like an LTX.

They are for my Dodge 1 ton. I've never used anything other than E rated tires on my trucks. I hauls loads, sometimes tows although rarely now that Heather bought the dullie. No need for any kind of all terrains on this truck.

I learned very early on with my truck that I hate not having at least an all terrain tire on my truck.
With strictly a “street” tire my truck would spin in even the slightest wet ground while towing.

The tires I have give me the requirements I need to tow with my truck and still have a little better ( not that much) grip especially places like getting into camp, or parking the trailer in my back yard.

Thanks much guys, tires arriving today.

Thanks much guys, tires arriving today.
I learned very early on with my truck that I hate not having at least an all terrain tire on my truck.
With strictly a “street” tire my truck would spin in even the slightest wet ground while towing.

The tires I have give me the requirements I need to tow with my truck and still have a little better ( not that much) grip especially places like getting into camp, or parking the trailer in my back yard.
I'm looking for tires for my 06 Tundra and this is one of my concerns. There are pros and cons for every tire: tires with maximum offroad grip comes with noise and a tire with a quiet ride will have limited grip. It's finding those tires with either a legendary design (LTX) or new technology that mitigates the cons over the lifetime of the tire. I've been debating with myself since my Tundra will be rarely used offroad and I would like better road manners but I think of the scenarios where a slightly more aggressive pattern would be helpful.

I only got our minivan stuck on wet grass. No matter how hard I spun the tires, all it did was sit there.

i can bring the ford over to your wet grass and we can see how the LTX's do.

Never had a major issue with traction and LTXs. I mean we never off roaded any of our work trucks but everyone ran LTXs and all hauled about 10k worth of tires day in and day out. The yards for pick up and deliveries were often grass, light mud etc.

Now some places you could just see there was no getting inn n out at some of the good ole boys places (trails a uwharrie had less mud) we had to drop off and they would have to come get the tires from a safe spot.

I'm looking for tires for my 06 Tundra and this is one of my concerns. There are pros and cons for every tire: tires with maximum offroad grip comes with noise and a tire with a quiet ride will have limited grip. It's finding those tires with either a legendary design (LTX) or new technology that mitigates the cons over the lifetime of the tire. I've been debating with myself since my Tundra will be rarely used offroad and I would like better road manners but I think of the scenarios where a slightly more aggressive pattern would be helpful.

I only got our minivan stuck on wet grass. No matter how hard I spun the tires, all it did was sit there.
So long story short.
I never knew there were different types of E rated tires. - I basically assumed that all e rated tires were the same.
So naturally I bought some BFG all terrains for my f250 and called it good.

Well that’s when I found out that the tire pressure rating was not enough for the weights my truck hauls so the tires basically failed.

For my 20 inch rim the highest psi “all terrain tire” if you can call them that, were the nitros I bought.

Now I can run at 80 psi and not have to worry about spinning tires and going to 4 low just trying to get out of my back yard.

At first I just ran the “street style” stockish looking tires but like I said before. I hated getting into any camp with any type of wet grass or slight mud because it would be a spin fast when trying to maneuver my truck and trailer from a dead stop.

So for me, my priority was being able to haul my trailer with my junk on them safely.
Then a little grip after that.
I’m sure there might be other better options out there but I need a new pair of tires before I went to Utah earlier this year and these tires fit the bill. They are still brand new but one of my buddy has gotten 50k- 70k miles out of his.
I don’t expect to get that many miles out of my set of tires but if I get 30k or more I will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom