Streaming services on Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to login into a streaming service such as Netflix/Disney+/etc on my iPhone and then have a movie play on the backseat screens? Or are DVDs the only way?

1605924247902.jpeg

I made several attempts to make those screens useful before I removed them. No streaming was possible. The connection (hardwire only) is too primitive to allow anything but fairly old input devices. Not all DVD players work either.

edit: from posts below it looks like I didn’t try hard enough or used the wrong cords for streaming. Since it works on a ‘16 and an ‘18, it will work on a ‘17.

Last edited:
It might depend on your LC year. I can use a USB to HDMI cable to stream from my Android phone. Others have reported that it works from their iPhones with the name-brand Apple lightning-to-HDMI cable.

Here's some of my comments on this in another thread:

Last edited:
It might friend on your LC year. I can use a USB to HDMI cable to stream from my Android phone. Others have reported that it works from their iPhones with the name-brand Apple lightning-to-HDMI cable.

Here's some of my comments on this in another thread:
I have used my tablet over the USB to HDMI cable and it work good, just extra wires.

I use a Roku stick in the hdmi port. Works great and the kid is happy. Netflix and Amazon prime work from an iPhone tethered connection to the roku.

Last edited:
I use a Roku stick in the hdmi port. Works great and the kid is happy. Netflix and Amazon prime work from an iPhone tethered connection to the roku.

Does one Roku stick in one screen play on both screens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom