Streaming services on Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

Is it possible to login into a streaming service such as Netflix/Disney+/etc on my iPhone and then have a movie play on the backseat screens? Or are DVDs the only way?

Sandroad

SILVER Star

I made several attempts to make those screens useful before I removed them. No streaming was possible. The connection (hardwire only) is too primitive to allow anything but fairly old input devices. Not all DVD players work either.

edit: from posts below it looks like I didn’t try hard enough or used the wrong cords for streaming. Since it works on a ‘16 and an ‘18, it will work on a ‘17.

Last edited:
It might depend on your LC year. I can use a USB to HDMI cable to stream from my Android phone. Others have reported that it works from their iPhones with the name-brand Apple lightning-to-HDMI cable.

Here's some of my comments on this in another thread:

Last edited:

It might friend on your LC year. I can use a USB to HDMI cable to stream from my Android phone. Others have reported that it works from their iPhones with the name-brand Apple lightning-to-HDMI cable.

Here's some of my comments on this in another thread:
I have used my tablet over the USB to HDMI cable and it work good, just extra wires.

I use a Roku stick in the hdmi port. Works great and the kid is happy. Netflix and Amazon prime work from an iPhone tethered connection to the roku.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom