Stratos LTSS seat questions all over the joint. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i like the looks of the stratos LTSS, plus mounting hardware, for my 2003 troopy, but....

Are they available for LHD vehicles? Would it matter?
Where could i purchase one, i assume in Australia, and have them ship it to the U.S.?
Would the shipping cost be prohibitive?
Were the Mayans actually building time machines with space aliens? (maybe that's for a different forum)

Of course the German seats are gorgeous, but aren't cheap. Any input is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Planted USA in Seattle has brackets.

It's a big investment, but so far no one has regretted it!
I had Scheelmanns in my troopy and I was very happy with them but the next time I need upgraded seats I probably go for the European Recaro seats , half the cost and I didn't feel any difference between the 2 brands !

To bad Recaro does not import this model in to the US.

I had Scheelmanns in my troopy and I was very happy with them but the next time I need upgraded seats I probably go for the European Recaro seats , half the cost and I didn't feel any difference between the 2 brands !

To bad Recaro does not import this model in to the US.
Is there a specific model name for the one you like?

Is there a specific model name for the one you like?
I looked in to it a few years ago but can’t remember the model , it seems that besides the Germans the Aussies also like to use Recaro but not sure if it is the same model. They where under a 1000 $ a piece with the lumbar support

I have the Stratos LTSS in my Troopy. I have friends with Scheelmans here and I prefer the Stratos. They're completely different seats though, so not really fair to compare apples for apples. The Scheelmann's are much stiffer in the frame and cushions of the seat (I'm a little on the 'fat' side, so they didn't feel good or comfortable to me), the Stratos are much softer, but don't offer the same level of grip in the base of side to hug you.

The game changer though is the suspension. Takes out the jarring bumps of potholes, corrugations, and just uneven road and off-road surfaces. Makes an incredible difference to fatigue when touring long distances.

With regards to the guys at KAB Seating, they're pretty useless at answering emails, telephones etc. Took over 6 months to get my seats to Dubai.

I'm running a pair in a LHD car, switching from a passenger bench to a single. We had to make our own brackets for the passenger seat, but that wasn't unexpected.

I have the Stratos LTSS in my Troopy. I have friends with Scheelmans here and I prefer the Stratos. They're completely different seats though, so not really fair to compare apples for apples. The Scheelmann's are much stiffer in the frame and cushions of the seat (I'm a little on the 'fat' side, so they didn't feel good or comfortable to me), the Stratos are much softer, but don't offer the same level of grip in the base of side to hug you.

The game changer though is the suspension. Takes out the jarring bumps of potholes, corrugations, and just uneven road and off-road surfaces. Makes an incredible difference to fatigue when touring long distances.

With regards to the guys at KAB Seating, they're pretty useless at answering emails, telephones etc. Took over 6 months to get my seats to Dubai.

I'm running a pair in a LHD car, switching from a passenger bench to a single. We had to make our own brackets for the passenger seat, but that wasn't unexpected.
thanks for all that great detail, very much appreciated. i didn't realize there was such a difference in softness between the seats. i'm starting to think my ideal seat would be a Scheel-Mann with suspension, which doesn't exist. that said, i rarely go on long trips, my troopy is much more of a local family/work vehicle where most trips are 15-60 min. i'll mull this over a bit more, but i'm leaning toward the fancy seat. been in touch with Scheel-Mann and they've been very helpful, plus the hardware is easily purchased from planted and i don't have to ship something all the way from oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom