Stove option for the overlander (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Saw this and thought I would share. Nice option if you are into built-ins.

635835701381.jpg

Shop Bullet Built-In Grill Cabinet Propane Side Burner at Lowes.com

Saw this stove option, also 15,000 BTU and excellent simmer control. Used the world over, the Iwatani stove is very well made. If a solo explorer wanted only one stove this might be a good choice and the butane cartridges are very easy to get in most places around the world.

Saw this stove option, also 15,000 BTU and excellent simmer control. Used the world over, the Iwatani stove is very well made. If a solo explorer wanted only one stove this might be a good choice and the butane cartridges are very easy to get in most places around the world.

Looks like a great stove, but prefer propane option. Really just for the option of not needing the small cans. That's my complaint about the 1lb propane and jetboil canisters.

Would really prefer a two burner option. Worst case, I save my couch money for a Partner stove.

A few people on camp trips in our group have had issues with the BTU output from the canister butane stoves. Not a good thing when you need your morning coffee and can't get the water hot.

A few people on camp trips in our group have had issues with the BTU output from the canister butane stoves. Not a good thing when you need your morning coffee and can't get the water hot.

Adventures In Stoving: Gas Stoves in Cold Weather – Regulator Valves and Inverted Canisters
Interesting test video between the jetboil and MSR Reactor, he mentions both times that the MSR quit first.

One of the reasons I went to my Partner Steel stove is because it can operate at temps well below zero. For cold weather, I have heard that a hand warmer pack below your jetboil canister will assist in operation as it warms the fuel (just like it warms your hands I guess)

This guy has a good hack but not sure how to adapt this to a jetboil. I have my silicon band and my strip of copper, need to test this out.

Last edited:
Just jam the canister berween your legs when you go to bed the night before. Hot coffee!

Man, you guys make things harder than they have to be...

TMI. Remind me not to drink coffee with you.

Looking at the link that Phil posted this would make a nice roll out like Jeff and Monica had. Very good price for a one burner built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom