Stoney Lonesome Ride - Saturday 8/11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't think I'm going to make it either - club soccer starts Saturday so I guess that is what I'll be doing.

Thank goodness it won't be hot and standing on artificial turf fields that seem 20 degrees hotter most of the day

my peer review (that was supposed to be in three weeks) got bumped up to next week, so I have to be in the office all weekend reviewing files. :bang: on top of that, I have to be on the road on the 23rd. :frown:

Plan is to meet at Stoney Lonesome at 9am Saturday morning. We will be riding with the Heart of South Cruiser guys out of Huntsville as well, should be a great crowd.

For all of the Bham crew leaving Saturday morning, I was thinking we could meet at the Chick-fil-a in Gardendale off exit 267 Walker Chapel Rd around 8:15am.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

I think I talked to one of you guys in 280 traffic a few weeks ago? Maybe Cole? Said you were driving your wife’s black LX…Would like to meet up at Stony in the morning if you have room for one more…

I think I talked to one of you guys in 280 traffic a few weeks ago? Maybe Cole? Said you were driving your wife’s black LX…Would like to meet up at Stony in the morning if you have room for one more…
Come on! Stony at 9 or see above if you want to meet at Chick Fil A.

Yea man, that was me! And come on. Glad you found us on here. We are meeting at Chick-fil-A off exit 267 on i65 at 8:15 to caravan up there.

23DB9C85-7401-4127-B887-6FA228C88A5A.jpeg
9F926018-A429-4961-83B3-497563FA5696.png
65D74306-DE1D-4024-8B53-BCA0750625BB.png
Y’all have fun. Did it a few years ago when the 70 series crowd came to town.

How was it?

I had a great time yesterday and it was awesome getting to meet up with the Huntsville guys too.

We started out with 13 trucks total. Our fearless trail guide was Chris @ufg8r Once we got checked in and through the trail entrance we hit trail 502 (which is a blue advanced trail). Right off the bat we had a good obstacle to get up and over two big rocks. Spotting 13 trucks through it was really fun, and I think some guys got some good pictures and video during it. Everyone made it up and over without any damage. After we got done with the trail, we met up with Bobby and his family who joined us late, so we had 14 total now.

We took a breather and all parked for a photo opp (pic 2). We decided to split up into 2 groups (green group and blue group) to help get through some trails faster.

After we got done taking pictures, every one split up. We were on the main access road and came to a point where the road split and had a left arrow for blue and right arrow for green. Quinn and I took the blue up the hill (come to find out the right to green trail was just a bypass to the rocky blue hill). So @Quinn and I go up the blue hill thinking we’ll catch up to everyone.

That backfires and we end up wandering around aimlessly looking for the rest of the group. We finally meet up with everyone at the end of 415 and have lunch.

After lunch we all ended up riding as a big group again. We took a couple more blue trails and ended up coming spot where the more adventurous guys wanted to see what the red/xtreme trails look like.

After peaking up X-Wife and a couple other reds, we differed to a Blue called Square Peg Round Hole. I wish I got some pics during this, but was too busy spotting. Hopefully someone else can throw some up here.

Mac @MACruiser was first up in his 80 series on 35s with full armor (no lockers). After trying a couple different lines to enter, he made his way past the off camber rutted out section into the rocks. I think Mac’s philosophy was the more skinny pedal the better, bc the smell of rubber and dust was prevelant as he climbed up the hill. :cool: He made it all the way to the top and gave everyone an awesome show with cheers and whistles coming from the group. The only damage was a bent in passenger side mirror, but I think it’s still functional, so all good.

Next up was Quinn in his built 100 on 35s. He’s got Harrop elockers front and rear with all the armor. I’d say his style was a little more laid back from Mac, but the finess and driving was fun to watch. Once he got in the rocky section the 35s and lockers weren’t much of a match. He made it to the top and the rest of the group hooked up on the blue trail at the top of the hill to continue the ride.

I’m probably missing some parts, but I believe after we finished up that blue trail we all hit the road around 3:30 to head back home.

There was lots of talk about doing this group ride again, so we will definitely have to get something scheduled (maybe after it cools down some). I know I didn’t tag everyone in here that was on the ride, but feel free to.

Thanks again to everyone for coming and it was great to meet a lot of new people and see the cruiser community in AL grow.

6C1BBB3D-702E-4E1D-8F62-2BE62AC63067.jpeg

7F5460AE-EDA3-456E-B101-E40F5FCC2DBE.jpeg

6E6C9638-A1D2-4DA1-A158-ECEB0BF3A051.jpeg

C62C72A5-DC0B-4CB6-BF11-C5491FC3071C.jpeg

3AF2E4FB-D2AE-4BCC-AAC9-5B6C000732F3.jpeg

It was awesome adventure, great to meet so many cool people. Love to do it again soon. My boys loved it as well! Thank you to everyone! Great day

I am absolutely LOVING this!
Can't wait to catch up with ya'll at the next one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom