Stock roof rack question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone know if factory rack from a 94 will go on a 97 lx450?

Yes.

Are you sure you want to?

YES! Well at least I hope so... I'm selling mine to someone who wants to put it on his 97 LX. :D

Oh,

Then by all means proceed.... :G

Um......don't show him your roof where it was :ugh:

A 20 piece bag of riv-nuts for the roof skin is a 00278-00931. IIRC you will need 16 to do the job.
The center ribs are stuck down with 2 faced (manager :G ) tape. the black plastic track/tape piece is not serviced by its self, so you will need to clean them up and get a new roll of tape.

Does he have a friend that wants another one? Factory is useless for packing any significant camping gear. Seems like the guy with the LX would be better off with an aftermarket for all the effort it will take to put those riv-nuts into the roof. Buyer beware!

Brent,

I disagree, The factory rack is not worthless.

It is a rust breeding POS.  :G I just hope whoever buys it does not visit here.  :ugh:

I can see the post now. "I got this lame rack from some guy on the net and.........." :D

Keep, no offence intended, I'm sorry. Every time I think of those racks I remember what mine did to my roof and I just "go off" :ugh:

I agree dan... in fact I'm not really trying to sell the roof rack alone, I just got sick of having all this s%#& in my shed and decided $#(* it, I'll put it all on ebay. 3rd seats, running boards, roof rack, bumpers, etc... all one auction but the winner has to pick the stuff up. It looks like someone's gonna get a sweet deal... its dont think its gone over 100 bucks yet.

Dang,

I hope you do better than that. :tear: Those seats are EXPENSIVE to replace off of the parts shelf :ugh:

Maybe you'd get more if you took the rack out ::)

I was going to do it all seperately, but just thinking about shipping it all gave me one of those deep pounding headaches... Having someone show up and pay me to haul off my junk is like a dream come true, even if its only a fraction of its worth online. Its worth to me is $0, or it wouldn't be collecting dust in my shed.

Agreed :beer:

Just out of curiosity, what about those "heavy-duty" roof racks that Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings equips on their stock 105's? I think they're aluminum, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom