Stock FJ-40 weight? (Yeah, I searched!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eskimo

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rnrfab.com
I was just told 3240lbs for a stone-stock FJ-40, and that seems really light to me, given that my cruiser is closer to 4500# with no doors, no hardtop, no nothing.

The one in question is a '79, with the hardtop, doors, etc.

FJ40 HT = 3470 - 3792 lbs
FJ40 ST = 3265 lbs
FJ73 =4092LBS
SOURCE LandcruiserIT

Not sure about your source, but my badging says that the GVW is 4850# on a stock '75. However, mine doesn't have the doors or HT so I am sure that it is lighter.

On a side note...some idiot at U-Haul told me that I COULD NOT haul my cruiser on one of their car transports with a Ford F-250 SD because it was not a 1 Ton rated truck.....I just laughed.

This is my source http://it.geocities.com/landcruiser/f.htm
It also says a FJ25 is 3142 and a 80 series is 4760.The weight of the FJ 73 is the one shown on my lic papers issued by the govt .Its like a 75 series but shorter and is about 2 foot longer than a 40 so I thought that sounded about right.If you can find the site it is listed under specifications at the bottom and is for stock kerb weight

Doesnt the GVW mean the weight of the vehicle when fully loaded with passengers or cargo?If you took half a ton or so off you would end up with my figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom