Stock analog radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All my presets are set for AM stations. How do i go to the FM stations? I recently learned how to setthe presets and set all of them on AM stations and dont know how to go to FM stations. I just installed it today so i dont really know what im doing

upload_2014-8-26_20-6-14.png

This is from my '78 owners manual.

I currently have the AM/FM from a 83 BJ60. It has 2 preset buttons for the AM and 3 for the FM.

When I press an AM button I can now use the knob to go to any station on the AM scale, likewise for the FM buttons.

All the presets are set for am stations, even the fm presets. I want to set the fm presets on fm stations. I have been messing with it for the past 2 hours and cant figure it out.

Are you sure it is am/fm? My 78 originally came with only am.

Can you post a picture of the AM/FM radio?

Rudi

I have a 1980 pickup with fm am fujitsu ten radio. I had the fm stations before i set all the presets to am stations. Big mistake! Now im trying to figure out the fix. There must be a way

Does your owners manual tell you anything?

Maybe the FSM could help. I'm sure there is a downloadable version in the FAQ.

I have the factory service manual and all it says is how to adjust am.

Cant find anything on the internet about these vintage radios. Anyone ever run into this problem and fixed it?

AFAIK up to '78 there was only AM (MW = Medium Wave).
78 radio.JPG

'79 had AM and SW (Short Wave).
radio manual.JPG

'80 Sorry it's in Spanish
80 radio1 esp.JPG

80 radio2 esp.JPG

to be continued......

Last edited:
83 radio1.JPG

2 buttons FM and 3 buttons AM........................................L=Long Wave, M=Medium Wave, U=Ultra Short Wave=FM
83 radio2.JPG

83 radio3.JPG

83 radio4.JPG

Rudi

That is some cool stuff bj40green. Mine is the radio with 3 fm buttons on the right. Pushing those together still wont put me on the fm band. I cant read spanish but i am guessing that is what it is suggesting. Maybe something is stuck inside my radio which prevents it from switching to fm. Fm was working fine when i bench tested it. Thank you for the uploads, some good reading. I am going to see if i can find an old timer electronic repair shop for some help.

Oh, i have a toyota tape player from a toyota sprinter which works great with my radio. It is like a mini amplifier for it.

If a toyota truck or landcruiser originally came with an am radio and you put in a am/fm radio, would the fm stations work with the am antenna? I am still trying to figure out why my fm doesnt work. I want to exhaust all possibilities before taking it to a radio shop.

AM and FM work with the same antenna.

Pushing the FM buttons should switch it over. I'm using a similar truck radio in my 40 with a 40 faceplate. Works pretty good, but I have to fine tune the tuning all the time to keep the static out.

I don't entirely recall how it is set up, but I have had other Fujitsu radios open and they are very mechanical inside. Stuff does wear out and stuff does break in them. They are easy to open, just a couple screws and the top comes off once out of the vehicle. There must be an internal switch that is activated, probably has some linkage on it, or a bar that gets hit when you push the buttons. I would open it up and see how it works inside. As long as you don't short anything out if you have it powered up, you can't hurt much in there. Probably worth getting some tuner knob cleaner and cleaning up the pots in the knobs and some dust off for the tuner apparatus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom