STLCA New Years Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We will meet Friday morning Jan 3rd at 23 Courthouse Square Jasper, Tn at 9:00 AM CST. There is plenty of room for trailer parking. We will depart for the Cove from there. We'll ride Friday, Saturday & Sunday and will be camping in the Cove Friday night and Saturday night. Bring plenty of food and water for the weekend as well as cold and wet and cold weather gear. If you have firewood, bring that as well.

5bfcc2c0f22e610c1abcc289231369f2.jpg

Never been to AOP, but I'm going to say you will want sliders and skids at a minimum. It also will depend on what route they take. I'm going to say the cove is a solid medium trail (3 on a scale of 5).

It can be challenging in spots and like Matt said sliders are highly recommended. Usually the route is based off of the vehicles that show up.

Much more technical in a few places than the easy trails we ran a couple of months ago at AOP, but still doable in a stock cruiser with sliders without body damage (been there, done that), especially with a snorkel.

what's the difficulty level of the trails?
compared to the "easy" AOP trails?

Much more technical in a few places than the easy trails we ran a couple of months ago at AOP, but still doable in a stock cruiser with sliders without body damage (been there, done that), especially with a snorkel.
thanks
the snorkel is indispensable. ;)

Hey guys I’ve always wanted to go on this trip and ride the cove. Unfortunately timing always coincides with family holiday events for us. I’ve tried to google the exact location for entrance. I’m not on Facebook but it looks like it’s privately owned and I’ll need to call the owner to ride? Any other information y’all can give would be great. How long is the trail? Etc.

Thanks!
Jason

Hopefully I’ll be able to join y’all one day!

Depending on where they go in and where you come out will dictate the length.

Most of the accesses are public, there are a few spots that you cross private property, but so far as long as everyone plays nice the owners are allowing access.

Coming from someone who has been in one time, take that for what it's worth. It is a good time, real check out from everything kind of trip. No cell service, no facilities, no electrics. Pack it in or you do without. We enjoyed our trip in and hope to get back another time soon.

not a place to go wandering around alone. if you're not with the group dont bother, you'll get lost, stuck or kidnapped by the meth heads.

Thanks guys! Definitely wouldn’t go alone! Still working on a schedule so I might be able to make the New Years ride work after all.

The weather guessers are calling for @ 2" of rain between Thursday & Friday. If the water is high in Sequatchie, we'll drop in from the Tracy side.

We're going to meet at 23 Courthouse Sq this morning at 9 AM CST. We'll ride up to Tracy City and drop into the Cove from there. We'll be on higher ground and upstream so the water levels shouldn't be too bad.

Tracy City got over 3" in less than 24 hours yesterday. Coalmont got nearly that also so there will be a lot of water running down the valley.

Ya'll be careful and mindful.

anyone called the coast guard?

Lol, they better have them on speed dial...

Thing is, it already rained, so it isn't going to surprise them, whatever they come up to is what it is and will be going down over the next few days. Still, my guess is between today and yesterday, the cove probably got close to 5".

At least the waterfall will be spectacular, if they can get that far.

5 inches is a TON of rain in that place. The 2015 ride was epic and I doubt we got 5 inches that night. Will be interesting to see if nothing else.

just saw this pic of AC Cave from New Years day...

1578100910931.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom