Stiff pedal issues... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For as long as i could remember the gas pedal in my 94 was very unsmooth and stiff. Last month i finally got a new cable from the dealership and installed it. this seemed to cure most of the smoothness issues and for a little while it was farely easy to push as well. Within the last month the cable seems to have lost some smoothness and got very stiff as well.
tonight a friend of mine got in the cruiser and drove it around and his first reaction was, "what the hell is wrong with your pedal", "feels like im lifting a huge weight with my foot".

I guess thats the best way to describe it. As there anything i might be able to loosen the make it not so stiff. Our 95 is smooth and soo sooo easy to press, it takes almost no effort.

I know the graphit lube might help smooth things out but wasnt sure what else i might be abel to do, i have also played with the cable adjustment and it doesnt seem to help. When im toying around in the engine though i do think the stiffness is coming from the whole mechinism i guess the butterfly is connected to, its where the cruise control cable and gas cable go in, is it possible something was overtightened.

Sorry, i know this was lengthy and i did read alot of the other threads, thats why i started with the cable, then lube....just looking for more possibilities.

BD

I can attest to this exact difference between the 93 and 97 we have. 97 is smooth and light. 93 gas pedal has a lot of stiction and perhaps twice the effort. Makes me wonder if they changed something about the cable itself starting in 95? Are they the same P/N? Dan?

I can lube the 93 with the proper graphite suspension and it improves for a month or two, but never approaches the 97's feel. I've even lubed the linkages on the intake, and cleaned the butterfly valve in pursuit of smoothness. No dice. I'm going to look things over again soon to see if the return spring is stronger on the 93, or the pedal spring is stronger, etc...

DougM

My pedal is stiff. Very stiff. I understand that it was done so purposely as an aid in climbing steep, to help you resist giving too much fuel too suddenly, and I have seen some people flip their rigs over backwards from gassing too much on a climb.

I've gotten used to it to such a degree that it only comes to mind when others complain.

Kalawang

Guys, sounds good. If its totally normal then thats fine...its honestly doesnt btoher me a whole lot b/c i am used to it but i must say the 95-97 is very pleasent.

Thanks though, just wanted to confirm it wasnt a problem.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom