Stereo Systems for a 100 series?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally caved in and will be installing a double din on my 2001 lx470 with mark levinson non-nav.

I choose the one below its pioneers 2019 flagship model for a great price, paid 480 shipped to me at abt.com

What i really wanted was android auto, and with this unit you even get wireless android auto which no new car currently supports so upgrading 2001 tech to maybe 2021 when possibly wireless android auto/car play makes its way into new cars since car companies are just now barely adopting wired android auto/carPlay.

That's a good price. I think you'll be happy with with it. I've had mine installed for a few weeks now and it's a very nice upgrade. It's dark here but I tried to get a picture.

IMG_2144.jpg

Did you keep the factory amp or bypass it?
Factory amp (under passenger seat) is adequate (not looking for audiophile quality) - what needs to be replaced first are the factory speakers. Just the 4 front door speaker make a big difference.

Factory amp (under passenger seat) is adequate (not looking for audiophile quality) - what needs to be replaced first are the factory speakers. Just the 4 front door speaker make a big difference.

Agreed. I put in (4) Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers. Crutchfield has a Toyota factory wiring harness and factory door speaker bracket that made installing them and using factory wiring a breeze. Sound is a huge improvement. I'm streaming podcasts and Amazon music from a phone, (in a 20 year old beater truck) no need for audiophile level system.
20191222_133740[1].jpg

Yeah that was another reason why I had planned to go with Crutchfield, they got all the accessories you need setup right away so no need to hunt for the right part numbers for the adapter harnesses for speakers or figure out the adapter rings!

I assume you mean a double DIN?

What features are you looking for? Android Auto? Apple Car? Bluetooth hands free comms? Backup camera integration? DVD? NAV?

Do you have a budget?

Are you installing yourself or having it installed?

Bypassing factory amp or using the factory amp?

I just finished installing a Kenwood DMX-7706S. I went with this unit because all we really do any more with our audio is stream through our phones. We also use Waze/Google Maps, so the wireless Android Auto and Apple Car integration was a nice feature. I went ahead and purchased the Kenwood CMOS-230 rear view camera with it. I also replaced the door speakers with some Rockford Fosgates. Crutchfield's wiring harnesses and Toyota speaker brackets made the install a snap. Their tech support was very helpful as well.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up the 113 DMX770 and am throughly enjoying it. i put in some sony speakers, just in the front, and it sounds increadable. Thanks again for the recommendation!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom