Stereo problems? Fuse? Blown speakers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MACKSDAD

SILVER Star
Threads
Purchased a 01 LC and when I went to turn on the music in it it says it’s playing on the head unit but no sound comes out. Could it be a blown fuse? If so where is it and what kind of fuse do I use to replace it? It seemed strange that not 1 speaker would work so I’m guessing some wires have been chewed up or it’s a fuse. Help plz!

Purchased a 01 LC and when I went to turn on the music in it it says it’s playing on the head unit but no sound comes out. Could it be a blown fuse? If so where is it and what kind of fuse do I use to replace it? It seemed strange that not 1 speaker would work so I’m guessing some wires have been chewed up or it’s a fuse. Help plz!
I believe it’s down by the drivers side kick panel. No need to remove the panel, it’s a black cover. Not hard to find. Take the cover off and the fuses are labeled. As far as your issue? Yeah, it could be 100 reasons for no sound. You have a multimeter? If not, get one they are worth the small investment.

You should also consult your user manual (they can be found online too) to find out your fuse locations. You probably should have done that first before posting up your issue. This forum is fantastic at diagnosing complex, weird issues. People tend to ignore posts for the issues where the poster has not taken the few first, obvious steps of diagnosis.

Just an FYI.

So since it is an 01 I am assuming it has the infotainment system, not a standard headunit? If so, could be that something has happened to the amp (under passenger seat) and it is now toast. That would be my guess.

So since it is an 01 I am assuming it has the infotainment system, not a standard headunit? If so, could be that something has happened to the amp (under passenger seat) and it is now toast. That would be my guess.
Where do you think is a good place to look for a new amp? So confused with all the HVAC control stuff I’m reading.

Where do you think is a good place to look for a new amp? So confused with all the HVAC control stuff I’m reading.

Does yours have the Nakamichi amp and the Mark Levinson system or no?

Does yours have the Nakamichi amp and the Mark Levinson system or no?
Just bought a 01 two days ago and had the same thing happen. I removed the JBL amp today. Trying to find a replacement I’ll let you know if a new amp fixed the problem

Just bought a 01 two days ago and had the same thing happen. I removed the JBL amp today. Trying to find a replacement I’ll let you know if a new amp fixed the problem
Replaced amp today...no luck. Let me know if you figure it out

Some of the stereos have a separate "wire" that controls volume. Occasionally they do go bad on the head units. If fuses are fine, start that diagnosis. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom