Steering RodEnd choice w/ pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Time to replace the Heims in my Steering setup (not even one year that they have been installed) Would you replace them with another set of HEims? I am thinking of doing Johnny Joints instead. The size I'm running is a 3/4, 5/8's bore Heim. Unfortunitely it doesn't seem like I can succuessfully run GM heavy duty tie rods.

So unless someone has another potential solution it's another set of heims or using the johnny joint. I'm tempted to run a JJ since they are the same price and are rebuildable.

Your thoughts are valued. Thanks in advance.
IMG_9669.jpg

They are worn out, I'm getting some Nasty Death wobble as a result, and 60 mph with DW is no fun

I run a single QA-1 joint at the pitman, and ran their XMR series joints for a while all around...they stayed quite tight.....

XMR 10-12 and XML 10-12 is what you want, IIRC

you may be getting enuf flex with the coils to bind them....

I MUCH prefer the 1-ton ends I run now....MUCH.....

I started a thread on this subject and found that the best to use is what Woody has suggested, QA1s. There is also boots available. I will look for my old thread and post a link.

(4) new QA-1 10-12 on the way courtesy of Ballistic Fab.

QA-1's is what we went with from Ballistic Fab also..... GREAT folks to deal with.

QA-1's is what we went with from Ballistic Fab also..... GREAT folks to deal with.

I'd have to agree. If only their coilovers weren't so expensive I'd consider them as an option for when I go the CO route.

Hey Sam, Ive got the boys cranking on a early Bronco right now. I told them their paycheck was going to be paid with the money from the Bronco, Im sure I will have an open spot for ya this weekend if you want to try again? Let me know?:wrench:

Hey Sam, Ive got the boys cranking on a early Bronco right now. I told them their paycheck was going to be paid with the money from the Bronco, Im sure I will have an open spot for ya this weekend if you want to try again? Let me know?:wrench:

I wanted my rig there last week lol, but I guess stuff happens. Soon as I get the heims and install I'll give you a call/email buddy. My anticipation has been buiding the past two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom