Steering Rack Install in Raleigh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 99 LX rack is finally on its way out at 226k miles. The bushings are toast and its leaking at a pretty good pace. I ordered a new rack from McGeorge toyota as well as some suspension refresh components.

Can anybody recommend an individual who does quality side-work or indy-shop in Raleigh?

Thanks!

My 99 LX rack is finally on its way out at 226k miles. The bushings are toast and its leaking at a pretty good pace. I ordered a new rack from McGeorge toyota as well as some suspension refresh components.

Can anybody recommend an individual who does quality side-work or indy-shop in Raleigh?

Thanks!

Just a head up on OEM parts. Club members get a discount at Fred Anderson

Thats good to know! McGeorge Toyota seems to have great pricing, though. My rack was $475.

The discount is not near what it used to be...sadly, as I purchased tons of parts for trucks over the years. It's not that the discount changed as much as their list price changed or Toyota changed it so it was more uniform. Adam at Fred Anderson explained it to me and maybe it has changed again in the past 6 months but at that point almost everything I quoted was cheaper (with shipping too) getting it from partsouq.com

The discount is not near what it used to be...sadly, as I purchased tons of parts for trucks over the years. It's not that the discount changed as much as their list price changed or Toyota changed it so it was more uniform. Adam at Fred Anderson explained it to me and maybe it has changed again in the past 6 months but at that point almost everything I quoted was cheaper (with shipping too) getting it from partsouq.com

well yeah partsouq is pretty hard to beat sometimes but was trying to keep it local ;)

I generally pull up 4 sites when i'm looking for toyota parts. Partsouq, Amazon, Rock Auto and toyota parts direct. The last one will give me a decent idea what the local dealership will give me with a club discount.

I've been going to Hendrick in Apex due to the convenience. Pricing on some items have been cheaper than partsouq or near the same after shipping. I got my 2nd battery box from Hendrick since they had the best price by far including NC sales tax.

They give me the ONSC discount if I order through them but not if I order online.

I had Jay at Renaissance Auto in Cary do my rack and would recommend him to anyone. Got the part at Fred Anderson which was the cheapest I could find anywhere including the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom