Steering knuckle ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eskimo

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rnrfab.com
I searched here and on the PBB, couldn't find what I'm looking for.

The P/O of my junk did the disc conversion on my front axle, and I'm kinda wondering which knuckles I have. Any easy way to ID them? bolt spacing on the steering arm or something?

I have the vented discs BTW.

Good question, I will give it a uneducated guess. On the older than 1979 knuckes I think the felt and gasket kits are smaller. If you had someone do a upgrade most likely it came off a mini truck which has identical swivels, there might be a different part number on the back of the steering knuckle. You could call toyota with this number and they should be able to tell you what it came off.
Also on the older non disc units the spacing was tighter on the steering knuckle arm and knuckle itself. As for the birfields, I think Woody has a post showing four different generation units.
Rob

Really, the only way to tell knuckles is with the bolt-spacing of the steering arms....all the other junk could change but wouldn't effect the knuckles, and seals/felts/etc are all the same.

If someone has a known-year knuckle handy either 76-78 FJ40 or 79+ FJ40/minitruck/FJ60/FJ62, they could measure the spacing and you could compare.....

anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom