Steering Dead Spot Gone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally elimanted the dead spot in my steering. It was the Ujoint in the steering column closest to the firwall. Man what a bitch to work on. Not much room in there but faster than pulling the steering column apart i'd imagine?

So if your steering has the center dead spot i'd look at that ujoint. I have a new front end thanks to that $30 part. LOL I guess it needed it anyway. Steers like the day it drove off the lot. Now if i could break all 4 springs and convince thewife to get a lift i'd be set.

Curious since I had a 60 at one time.. Did you replace just the U joint? or the assembly? Where did you get parts?

I initially set out to replace just the ujoint but when removing the ujoint i broke the yoke. I think there was a weak spot created from it not being able to turn properly. It was so seized that my wheels would not center even on the highway.
Ujoints I bought from toyota for $30 and the yoke from the wrecker who I wasn't very happy with for $75. Some of these guys are just jerks they tell you $50 over the phone then you drive an hour to get it and they say $75 take it or leave it. Covered in grease and dirty as hell I practically had to beg for a rag.
I replaced my tie rod ends, knuckle rebuild, sway bar components, steering damper as well as numerous hours bleeding and screwing around with gauges on my PS setup.

All for a ujoint. hahaha :crybaby:

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom