Staun Beadlocks...Sweeet!

Petersen's 4Wheel & Offroad magazine ran a demo on these not too long ago. Sorry I can't refer you to the particular issue, but IIRC they had great results with them.

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

stinkyfj60

I have seen them in Australian mags for a long time, seem popular but I never saw a test on them. I would run those over traditional beadlocks if I was in the need of beadlocks.

stinkyfj60

You might contact Slee Offroad. I checked the Staun website and it says he is a distributor, I checked his website and found the deflators but not the beadlocks. Give him a holler and maybe he has some info on them.

Doc

They really cool thing is that even if you slice a sidewall you can still drive out on that tire if you have to. It's like an emergency spare. Don't drive to far in 4wd that way though... it might cause havoc on a x-fer case.

Al is correct Junk did run those on his 80. I followed him at CMCC for a day and was truly impressed with the performance of these. I really want a set but they are kinda pricey.

Corbet

Supporting Vendor

Big $$$, cheaper to buy actual beadlock wheels. But they are probably DOT legal, or at least DOT invisible.

Doc

And IIRC, you have to drill a second hole for the stauns beadlock fill tube, so if you don't want to drill your wheels... look elsewhere.

O.K., found it: the product writeup is in the March 2005 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Offroad magazine. They do a side-by-side comparison with a set of traditional beadlock wheels.

Good reading and should answer many of your questions.

Good luck and hth,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

Those are hot. I have never heard of them before.

How did that guy like them on his 80?

:beer:

lowtideride

Junk(Mike) liked them from what I remember...I run 12psi with out a blow out yet and wheel rather hard. Bead locks would be cool to remove some worry but are low on the list of things to get in my book. But Junks rig was not really missing anything...lift,locked,geared,protected,winched,beadlocks,freezer, turbo'd twaz a sick rig to say the least.

now that I have said that I am sure it will happen.

Top Bottom