Staun Beadlocks...Sweeet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

HAs anybody here used these yet?

My buddy just got 'em on his Blazer

Locks BOTH beads...........Using Your wheels and tires

Almost can't tell from the outside

Junk ran a set in his 80 i believe with good results....

Petersen's 4Wheel & Offroad magazine ran a demo on these not too long ago. Sorry I can't refer you to the particular issue, but IIRC they had great results with them.

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I have seen them in Australian mags for a long time, seem popular but I never saw a test on them. I would run those over traditional beadlocks if I was in the need of beadlocks.

You might contact Slee Offroad. I checked the Staun website and it says he is a distributor, I checked his website and found the deflators but not the beadlocks. Give him a holler and maybe he has some info on them.

They really cool thing is that even if you slice a sidewall you can still drive out on that tire if you have to. It's like an emergency spare. Don't drive to far in 4wd that way though... it might cause havoc on a x-fer case.

Al is correct Junk did run those on his 80. I followed him at CMCC for a day and was truly impressed with the performance of these. I really want a set but they are kinda pricey.

And IIRC, you have to drill a second hole for the stauns beadlock fill tube, so if you don't want to drill your wheels... look elsewhere.

O.K., found it: the product writeup is in the March 2005 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Offroad magazine. They do a side-by-side comparison with a set of traditional beadlock wheels.

Good reading and should answer many of your questions.

Good luck and hth,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Those are hot. I have never heard of them before.

How did that guy like them on his 80?

:beer:

Junk(Mike) liked them from what I remember...I run 12psi with out a blow out yet and wheel rather hard. Bead locks would be cool to remove some worry but are low on the list of things to get in my book. But Junks rig was not really missing anything...lift,locked,geared,protected,winched,beadlocks,freezer, turbo'd twaz a sick rig to say the least.

now that I have said that I am sure it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom