Starting Problem.....Bad Fuel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, lots of helpful suggestions, but before this all gets too complicated...I'd just recommend treating the fuel you have in the tank now, let the tank become nearly empty, refill from a known high volume seller and see if the issue returns. IF not...then likely you had some water/other in the fuel and no other remedy is needed.

IF the problem reoccurs...then we can look at the other possibilities. But it doesn't hurt to study up on them in the meantime.

Hope it turns out to be something simple for you.

Flint.

I agree and thanks for following up. Fuel treatment first. I have a trip down to the hill country planned for next week, I will not be loaded down with gear, but it will be a hot drive, i am interested to see how things work out.

Wow thanks for sharing that link to the thread. Just read the whole thing. Lots of similarities, i noticed you chimed in with a similar issue a few years back.

By reading the post below, have the two items you have completed (replaced Fuel Pump and Cam Position Sensor) fix the issues you where having?

Also what year/make 100 series do you have?
I have a 2006. I'm not saying this is the issue you are having but wanted you to be aware of it as you work through this on your end.

I have a 2006. I'm not saying this is the issue you are having but wanted you to be aware of it as you work through this on your end.

Understood. Since the replacement of the Fuel Pump and Cam Position Sensor, have you had the issue again since 2015?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom