Starter Recovery/Tow/Shackle kit for stock 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all,

Looking for one stop shopping for recovery rope, tow strap and requisite shackles for stock 200 series recovery/tow points (front frame hook and rear tow receiver).

Can anyone recommend a kit or number of products? Looking for good enough quality to use in a pinch, not necessarily the gold standard.

Thanks - I am looking at kits on their website - $375 is the cheapest while ARB has a weekender kit for $150. What gives?

Here is what I am working with. Thinking this should fit the bill for emergency recovery and towing.

9F4AA9D9-34A5-4431-A06F-6D80C48DAACF.png
08A2A0D4-DD2B-4C3D-B262-FF7FBD59F3A4.png
F5ED1036-D5BD-4FA0-96CB-F71F8206F45D.png

BE3A92B8-33F1-43D8-B54A-7946561E66C9.png

Last edited:
That ARB basic kit is a great place to start. I e been carring that same recovery strap for a long time. I’d buy proper recovery points rather than a receiver thing. The Factor 55 kits will include soft shackles (more expensive) plus everything will say “factor 55” n it so that factors into the price.

Lots of options but first Google result. ARB Recovery Point - 200 Series LC/LX 570 - each - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/2815020/

Thank you sir.

Impressed with the quality of ARB kit and case it comes in.

Soft shackles are on my wish list, but for now will run with hard.

Looked at the factor 55 stuff and looked very well made (and made in America) but could not justify pricing. Feel like any weight savings is de minimis in grand scheme of things (i.e., > 7000lbs gvwr).

I plan to use the receiver hitch and shackle combo for recovering others. Still debating if/when I will upgrade front tow hook to rated recovery point. Seems it is quite rare for the OEM tow hooks to fail in most recovery situations. As I progress in my journey it may become more necessary (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom