Stainless steel brake line install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and looked for pictures and have not found anything. I am installing the ss brake lines slee sells, and am confused about one thing. On one side of the mounts there is a washer type thing(prevents line from slipping through mount hole), and the other side you slide the U shaped metal piece in the ridge to keep the brake lines secure. But what I cannot figure out is which way the metal pieces face? One way easily slides and can move around the axis of the ridge and rattles, yet cannot be removed easily, and the other way it would take beating with a hammer to get it to slide in. So should i have the flared end of the U shaped piece go over the edge of the mount like I have it, or face away from it?

bump

I placed it with the tab facing out from the mount like the oem was. I think that is having the flare out? I also used one or two of the oem tabs where the news ones were difficult to install.

As I recall, the hole of the mounting bracket on the truck is square shaped and the head of the SS line near the washer is square shaped as well. Make sure they fit flush. If they aren't, you won't be able to get that little tab in on the other side of the mounting bracket. I had the U tab pointing outwards from the mounting bracket, away from the SS line. It shouldn't be able to slide around after it's installed. I had to use needle-nose pliers and light hammer taps to get it in place. You might have to bend the tab a little too to get things snug enough. Good luck.

I just noticed you're in Austin. Surely you're not outside working on this today :eek:

Yes.

3 frame to axle lines (2 in front, 1 in rear).
4 axle to caliper lines (1 for each wheel).
---
7 lines total

Oh, one more thing. Make certain that they're of the "DOT approved" variety.

Yes, i guess there are 7 if you want to replace them all. But for a lift and getting the lengthened SS lines you only need 3.

I remember them not fitting just right. Can't remember but i think i just used an extra washer to make them fit snugg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom