SS Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any difference between the stainless steel brake lines sold on Man A Fre and the ones sold by Slee. Slee says they are 4 in longer than stock and man a fre says 3 in. are they the same lines with different quoted lengths or different lines all toghether

Not much experience with cruiser brake lines yet, but I'd hesistate to use stainless on a dirt rig unless it was fully sheathed and checked frequently.

The problems with stainless, as I recall, is that the stainless weave material traps dirt and it abrades into the inner rubber line. It can lead to failure.

I've run them on cars in the past, but they were race cars. They're ok in that application since you check the brake system constantly.

They can help improve pedal feel.

Good luck.

Charlie

must you extend the brake lines with 3 inches of lift? other than ss extended lines what are other options?

All the extended brake lines that I know of sold by cruiser vendors are stainless. These are just the three that you would need (one for each side in the front, and one for the rear). Not the ones LX_TREME posted.

You could probably have some custom rubber ones made, but that wouldn't adress the "more bendy area" issue you'd have with them.

Maybe see about shrink-tubing some SS ones to keep chaffing at a minimum?

I can't remember exactly, but I thought I read that CDan has an OE solution for the rear brake line. Maybe from a Tacoma or something.

The stock rear line is definitely at the limit on even a modest lift.

CDan?

Charlie

Slee's SS lines come sheathed with plastic which is a very nice touch.

I used that spiral plastic wire wrap stuff attached w/ nylon ties. So far so good after 4 yrs. Ideally, if you're having the lines custom made like at Earls, you can slide on long pieces of shrink wrap before the ends are attached. If you can get pre-made plastic-covered ones, i'd get those, even if they cost quite a bit more. The Earls ones I had made use removeable stainless ends. You just need to replace the olive & hose.

spoke to tech representative with man a fre and was told they have no reports of any issues with grit becoming trapt inside the weave and chaffing against the tubing. said they used to do sheathing but demand wasnt there recommended that i do a shrink wrap if i felt neccessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom