ss brake line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys! does anyone here ever change their brake hose? im planning to replace mine. but don't know where to buy. earl's has it but how much? any idea? please help.

LX_TREME,
thanks for your reply. the japanese ganlock is kinda expensive around $300. do you think earl's is cheaper?

I had Earl's custom-make stainless brake hoses a few years ago. You can get either stainless end fittings (what I got, highly recommended if you live where it rains a lot or roads are salted), or normal (steel?). The advantage to the Earls hoses is you can replace the hoses if/when they wear out and re-use the ends, replacing only the hose itself and the olive. Those stainless end fittings were pricey...like $10 ea, IIRC. I had 3 hoses made each 2" longer than stock for an OME lift...seem to remember it costing like $110-120+tax back then. If you do get custom Earls hoses, I'd recommend getting some shrink wrap (you can get pieces like 4' long at real electronics shops [i.e., not radio shack] for around $4) and shrink wrap them. I ended up getting that plastic spiral stuff you use to wrap bundles of wires and affixed the ends with nylon ties. If I did it again, i'd use shrink wrap. This is to reduce the dirt hitting the hoses, which should increase their longevity.

So do the SS lines change the brake feel on the 100? More firm?

Anyone need extended lines in the rear when lifting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom